Interactive Coding Tutorial

Apeiron

I was thinking the other day... Whether it be possible to make a game/program on the GP32 for use only with the keyboard on how to code.
Like a interactive coding tutorial, it tells you about the print function and then you use it...like saying print "hello world" and you select the next to tutorail level of slightly more advance functions.
And maybe a build in text editor to type code on the road...
I only say for use with keyboard but a virtual keyboard would do it but take up alot of screen.
I would love something like this and maybe it would help develop the howebrew scene or flood it with great hello world games....:/

Isn't the gp32 a bit, erm, underpowered for compiling?

I don't have much coding experience so I don't really know. I guess hello world stuff wouldn't be too taxing. :huh:

Not to compile but to teach...And I'm not sure how C works but it's it just text, if so the abilty to type out your code, save as a txt document and then cut/paste/load into a compiler....theres probally a few buttons short to type code but you could add a Virtual Keyboard for things like #,; etc. taking up one line only on screen

If you want to cross-compile/port the thousands of lines of sourcecode in GCC's code, using GCC ;), go right ahead...You aint gonna get any devver to do it for you. C can compile, but not really be interpreted.

I am right in saying GP32 Games/Software/Emulators is written in C.

..Just saw the problem your on about. To make it so that you type it in and then play back the function such as hello world or red circle etc. it would need to be able to compile.

Txt Editor and Nice sort E book for the GP32 it is then

I like this e-book mentioned in my other post:
Blah posted on Dec 8 2004 at 08:04 PM said:
Thinking in C++ Vol. 1 was originally a textbook by Prentice-Hall.
Now the author, Bruce Eckel, has released it for free download along with its sequal, Vol. 2. They're available at BruceEckel.com. That's the one I'm reading.
You'd need to write another one to go with it about the GP32 specific stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back