Instant Messaging On A Gp2x?

letsridebmx104

Still Fresh
i know you can wifi a gp2x so i was wondering if anybody had used aim or any instant messenger on it yet? thanks, ZD_4TK

ZeroDayATK said:
i know you can wifi a gp2x so i was wondering if anybody had used aim or any instant messenger on it yet? thanks, ZD_4TK
While wifi is possible, but I don't think it's that common to actually use it. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's an instant messenger specifically made for the GP2X. Perhaps some other client will work in conjunction with qtopia or something similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing Wifi would mean modifying your GP2X. While it isint Uncommon to take apart or mod your GP2X, people just havint been bothered enough to make programs and give them to the public. However, I think there should be A community project as to getting Wifi on our units, which although GPH has yet to have done, will give GPH the realization that we want Wifi and that we will better be able to create internet - compatable programs. But untill any of this happens, I don't think you'll be ever to find A messanger for the GP2X. and even if there was, you would have to very carfuly modify your unit, which also breaks the warinty. Even finding A offline internet brower is hard! (Only 2 exist..>_<)

ZeroDayATK said:
^^ thanks mfk .. i knew you could get wifi w/o modding.. nice

lol i don't know who has got it to work apart from the guy who wrote the wiki.

i tried to get internet over usb but had no luck and asked around and one or two managed to get that working, no-one yet i know has got or tried to get the wi-fi working.

maybe someone has and can explain how!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can connect to the internet with USB networking but surfing on the GP2X while sitting a metre from a PC with a proper keyboard and browser is pointless (except for the geek value :)).

Back