Installing/Using WINE on the Pyra!

I hope it's not too difficult to get that working.
From what I remember hearing about it, it's not entirely that difficult, it's just finding the time to implement a proper non-hacky solution. Development time has been spent mostly debugging the remaining hardware issues, this is a software issue

I've tested ExaGear with my prototype a little.
So far I'm disappointed.
I've tried VisualStudio Code and it is unusable slow.

I don't know what's the reason. Maybe my setup is missing something important.

Likely VisualStudio Code is a fairly hefty program despite it being just an editor... x86 emulation can only do so much. Typical bloated Microsoft garbage.

Likely VisualStudio Code is a fairly hefty program despite it being just an editor... x86 emulation can only do so much. Typical bloated Microsoft garbage.

@ptitSeb uses a compiled Version wisthout ExaGear, so it should not run that bad without emulation I suppose.

Not really. It's more of a shim, or a wrapper, or a translation layer that takes win32/directX API calls and spits out something more linuxy. It doesn't emulate any CPUs, like every other sort of emulator I can think of (excepting the series of sampling keyboards from the late 80s)

Yes, but he also translated all of the x86 code in the original games to ARM code, so it's a little like a JIT emulator run over the entire binary before release.
Sure, I guess it's a little like that, but the IDA Disassembler did all that work, then he spent months translated it to semi readable C... But not sure why you felt the need to correct what I said, it's still not emulation.

I thought he wrote a script over months to translate that to semi-readable C, and yeah it's still not a real-time emulator, but it does share some similarities if you stand over here, and look at it standing on your head.

Back