Inspiration Thread: Best Emu Games For The Gp32

Games I like to add:

- Final Match Tennis (pc-engine / gpengine) -> the best Tennis game ever
- Barry McGuigan World Championship Boxing (c64 / frodo) -> this game is 20 years old but by far the best boxing game ever! :D
- Moto Roader (pc-engine / gpengine)

Just been rediscovering Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker & Archer Maclean's Pool on CaSTaway, they really work suprisingly well on the GP32 (My GP32 has a habit of resetting in them sometimes though - wierd) Give them a try...

®

I don't actually have my GP32 yet... (still trying to come up with the money <_<)... But two games I'll definately be trying on it are snake rattle 'n' roll and gremlins 2, both for NES... I played those games to death back then, and emulated gremlins 2 recently on pc cos I remembered it and got excited about being able to play it again on GP32, but got impatient cos I can't order it yet :D

so...i just wanted to get this topic back, because i want to get some inspirations for new games :)

btw, does anyone atm games on castaway? all the games i played in the past where PD games and in high resolution mode, so i can't play them on my lovely gp32 :( other recoimmendations?

Champ Manager '94 on Atari ST (Football Management)
Mig 29 Fulcrum on Atari ST (Flight Sim)
Bart vs Space Mutants on Atari ST (Platformer)
Super Volleyball on PC Engine (Sport)
Do re mi: Milon's Quest on SNES (Platformer)
New Zealand Story on Master System (Platformer)

Games I would consider to be off the beaten track... ;)

I've only been playing Nes and SNES Games

NES - little John

Earthbound Zero- awesome rpg
Ballon Fight - fly around and try to pop balloons
City Connection - drive a car and light up all the squares
Master Blaster - pink tanks rule!
Gauntlet I & II - Its gauntlet
Techmo Super Bowl - You can't stop bo Jackson
North and South - BEST NES GAME EVER Like live action risk :) Its real fun!

Snes

Sailor Moon Another Story (Translated into english) - awesome rpg
Out to Lunch (awesome) - chase food around :)
Panic in Nakayosi - Fun simple game but challeging

Some I've been playing recently:

* RC Pro Am 2 on NES (zippy isometric racer)

* Sonic Spinball on Genesis (crazy pinball)

* Kid Klown's Crazy Chase on SNES (rock-hard mad slalom chase down the screen - works great as a handheld game)

* Coryoon on PC Engine (top quality cutesy-shooter)

* Cybernoid on c64 (flick-screen puzzley shooter with awesome music. Hard as concrete)

* Equinox on SNES (isometric adventure, sequel to Solstice on the NES)

* Ski Command on MSX (ski & shoot -- has one of the best bonus screens between levels!)

* Splatterhouse 3 on Genesis (more freedome of movement than the prequels)

* Ryukyu on PC Engine (Tetris meets Poker! Form the best hands possible on a grid - very addictive! You also unlock cutie-pie anime photos :) )

gaterooze posted on Oct 20 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
* Sonic Spinball on Genesis (crazy pinball)

I love this game, but what Genesis emulator are you using to play it? I use fGEN32, and it doesn't seem to work right on it. Sonic doesn't move right when you hit him with a paddle and some of the graphics will just stick on the screen even after I move...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using fGEN32 and it seemed to work fine. I played it for an hour or so and everything was okay.

Maybe you need a different version of the rom?

gaterooze posted on Oct 20 2004 at 09:43 PM said:
I was using fGEN32 and it seemed to work fine. I played it for an hour or so and everything was okay.

Maybe you need a different version of the rom?

You know, I never thought of that... I'll go try that now.

EDIT: I just tried it and this rom seems to work much better. :D

Here's a couple of games I enjoy regularly:

STUNT CAR RACER (Atari ST/Castaway)
Really fun racing game that puts a new spin on racing, like racing on a rollercoaster track.

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (C64/Frodo)
So vastly underrated it;s not funny. This is still the only wrestling game I enjoy playing. Proves you don't need an official WWE license to make a great wrsetling game.

Genesis (or SNES)
Super Baseball 2020

This is a really good baseball game with a futuristic theme. It's by far the best baseball game I have ever played.

Genesis
Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention

I remember I had my mom renew my rental copy of this game at least 4 times... Not sure why I didn't just buy it. But this is a great game; very funny.

Super Baseball 2020 is an awesome game. Have you played this on the Neo Geo? Outstanding...

Also other baseball games that are worthy:

Pennant 2 on MSX
Hakkensetsu Baseball '93 on SNES (3D graphics!)
Jikkyo Pro League on SNES

I used to love a SNES baseball game called something like Dorokey no Baseball or Dolucky's Baseball. It was a Japanese title with cute animal characters you played as, but I really loved the gameplay! Anyone remember this?

The Dorokey baseball game is great. There are also Dorokey soccer and puzzle games which play well.

My suggestions are:-

SNES
Utya Race Astro Go! Go! - Great Mario Kart alternative.
Super Famicom Wars - Hex based war game. If you like Daisenryaku you'll enjoy this.
Puzzle Bobble
Cameltry - A Mode 7 puzzle game by Taito.
Aerobiz Supersonic - Airline strategy game.
Exhaust Heat - F1 racing.
Super Bowling
Choplifter 3
NBA '98
Striker
Sensible Soccer
Assault Suits Valken

GENESIS
Strider - All time classic platformer.
Shadow Dancer - Shinobi style platform game.
Golden Axe 2

PC Engine
Operation Wolf
Soldier Blade - This shooter plays superb.
Devil Crash Pinball
Powersports - Various Olympic sports.
Fire Pro Wrestling series - The best wrestling games ever.

I only play games that run at or close to full speed with sound, so all of these games work well on the GP32.

White Demon posted on Oct 21 2004 at 02:32 AM said:
Here's a couple of games I enjoy regularly:

STUNT CAR RACER (Atari ST/Castaway)
Really fun racing game that puts a new spin on racing, like racing on a rollercoaster track.

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (C64/Frodo)
So vastly underrated it;s not funny. This is still the only wrestling game I enjoy playing. Proves you don't need an official WWE license to make a great wrsetling game.
aww your avatar reminded me that I can't play creatures on me geepee :(

frolik
- Clyde Radcliffe appreciation society

YES!

I just got an updated version of (NES) Techmo Super Bowl! It says it has the 2003 - 2004 season but It may have peopel from 2002 on it...

Anyways I can now Make the Packers win games unlike in real life!

I wonder if they made the player stats to match... probably not...

Just thought I would tell you guys :)

CREATURES was for the C64, and had a sequel, CREATURES 2: Torture Trouble. They were great games although CREATURES (or Mayhem in Monsterland) still won't run on Frodo. There was an Amiga version of CREATURES as well but it was rubbish.

Track down the originals on eBay while we wait for Frodo compatibility!

®

Back