Impractical Pandora-successor names

di-oPandoxy Myrioxid Quad-Nucleactid asset (acid).

also known as: Pand-o-nite  (of course, the box should be more durable for that...)

or: Third hand.

"Wheel"

Yay! I have a wheeeel! (then get sued by Nintendo because it sound too much like Wii U 'L)

"Get"

Got to get a Get. (and then get assaulted for having a Get... sorry I thought you said you had a new Gat)

"Fün"

edit:

+1 Artefact

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragonbox A1

Where "A" means the first product produced under the dragonbox brand and "1" means the first major revision of that product

"Get"

Got to get a Get. (and then get assaulted for having a Get... sorry I thought you said you had a new Gat)

"Fün"
You're actually on the something. What if we named it after a bash command. Opkg Get?

Dragonfly portable

Dragonbox extreme!

Dragonbox lite

Dragonbox Craig editon

Super Dragonbox explorer pro

>>Dragonbox extreme

Sound like the durable (rugged) edition. I do not know what it is but I want it!

>>openhandheld

wow. Simple, elegant, easy. +2

With hidden meaning: o-HH => H-o-H => H2O, essential to you.

or also open H. (open ecchi), ;)

Still, really love this name.

>>Dragonbox Craig editon

This sounds like it gets lost easy and often. Just like the lite/light edition which incinerates giving light (and some nasty fumes, I've seen pictures of that...)... uh, not that good.

>A1

Could work, but what about B1 (Be One, Box1), or O.P.1 (which sounds like obiwan)

No one would ask about "artifacte". Second, alternate spellings are not always a downside, especially when it is as simple as a one letter difference.
You'd be surprised, I've heard people ask about crazier spellings... In my opinion having multiple attempted spellings for the device is bad. I personally think we should be looking for something short, distinctive, easy to spell and say. I don't think your suggestions is bad on the whole, has some nice merits, but for me just falls into the 99% of suggestions which aren't crazily bad, but just aren't 'the one'. Hey, it is just my opinion!

edit:

+1 Artefact
:D

What about "openhandheld" or something like that?
 Sounds too generic.

You'd be surprised, I've heard people ask about crazier spellings... In my opinion having multiple attempted spellings for the device is bad. I personally think we should be looking for something short, distinctive, easy to spell and say. I don't think your suggestions is bad on the whole, has some nice merits, but for me just falls into the 99% of suggestions which aren't crazily bad, but just aren't 'the one'. Hey, it is just my opinion!
Anyone can attempt multiple spellings for a word. That doesn't mean that it will actually happen with any frequency. (For example, Pandohra, Pandoora, Pendora, etc.) Also, Pandora didn't seem like "the one" for me until I got used to saying it.

-God Ginrai

Back