Import

Jeroen_HD

Still Fresh
Hello,

I really want to buy the Pandora, but it's not very cheap so maybe I could import it from America (I'm from Belgium)

But are there any differences in versions? Like EU or US version?

Thank in advance,
Jeroen

As far as we know there is only one version.

If importing you will just have to be careful you don't get hit with any import duties and VAT, and the shipping could hit you too.

Have you signed up at openpandora.org? There will be a mail sent out when it is available to pre-order and that is probably the best time to check what the shipping etc will be.

Ok, thanks for the info :)

I really hope I can get it cheaper by importing it from the US, now that the dollar is low (or how do you say that)

TaG said:
As far as we know there is only one version.

If importing you will just have to be careful you don't get hit with any import duties and VAT, and the shipping could hit you too.

Have you signed up at openpandora.org? There will be a mail sent out when it is available to pre-order and that is probably the best time to check what the shipping etc will be.
You would probably just end up buying it from gp2x.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeroen_HD said:
Ok, thanks for the info :)

I really hope I can get it cheaper by importing it from the US, now that the dollar is low (or how do you say that)
Not a chance. :lol:

It's made in the UK, so the base price is in GBP. Anything you import from the USA would have originally been imported from the UK, and you'd probably end up paying more than if you'd just ordered from the UK to begin with.

EDIT: Just read my post and saw how it could be easily misread. By "anything," I just mean Pandora. :lol:

Then UK import it will be :D

I just hope they don't make him to expensive. Maybe I'll sell my psp :p

Jeroen_HD said:
Hello,

I really want to buy the Pandora, but it's not very cheap so maybe I could import it from America (I'm from Belgium)

But are there any differences in versions? Like EU or US version?

Thank in advance,
Jeroen
A few tips:

Importing into Belgium can be done 2 ways:

1. The legal way: Aka, you declaim everything.
2. The way most people prefer, you lie like hell ;)

Imports are:
3.5% Import Tax
21% BTW. Yes people, we have 21% freaking tax.
+ Depending on what company you used ( UPS, DHL, Postal Service ), you get another few euro's that they charge. Mostly "De Post" has the bad habit of charing extra.

One way to deal with it, let the seller under declare the package cost.
Advantage: Tax is way lower. Don't bother going to low, so it can be declared tax free, because they don't fall for that. And in that case, customs will add there own "guessed" price for the package, and they will use that for the Tax calculation.
Disadvantage: If the package gets "lost" aka, stolen in transit, because it was under declared, you will never be able to recover the complete amount. Something getting lost in transit is rare, but it does happen ( seen it happen 2 times here ).

At 330$ / 250€ selling price, lets me honest, its not worth importing from the US for the dollar/euro conversion.

peca said:
I am curious if I can import without GB VAT (?%) and still obey our Czech VAT (19%). But I guess not, as both countries are in EU.
GB VAT is 17.5%

I'm from Belgium too and i'll mostlikely order from Germany for faster shipping and no currency convertion.
It all depends if they are planning on selling localised versions or not.

peca said:
I am curious if I can import without GB VAT (?%) and still obey our Czech VAT (19%). But I guess not, as both countries are in EU.
When you're buying from different EU country you only pay the country *you're buying from* VAT.
And it doesn't matter if your country VAT is higher or lower.

desowin said:
When you're buying from different EU country you only pay the country *you're buying from* VAT.
And it doesn't matter if your country VAT is higher or lower.
I make mistake (lack of English language knowledge). I want to don't pay VAT at GB and try to _not_ pay in Czech too. So some money left for SD card. Bu I not try this in reality, as it may not work inside EU (I guess that seller can't count off VAT when selling to other EU buyer.

peca said:
I make mistake (lack of English language knowledge). I want to don't pay VAT at GB and try to _not_ pay in Czech too. So some money left for SD card. Bu I not try this in reality, as it may not work inside EU (I guess that seller can't count off VAT when selling to other EU buyer.
Not paying taxes is fraud, and very illegal. If you don't get charged taxes, you're still supposed to claim it on your tax return*. Just saying ;)

*at least it is in Canada and the US. I have no reason to believe it's different in the EU.

peca said:
In the Netherlands, a situation like this would end up with you paying the Czech VAT and probably needing to send an e-mail proving you paid that VAT, you'd have to pay both and get the UK VAT refunded or you'd not have to pay the UK VAT in the first place.

peca said:
smuggle from US then, lol
(If you just order from US, your country customs will charge VAT)

but seriously,
there're two things you can be sure about: taxes and death.

and like WizardStan said, it's illegal.

WizardStan said:
peca said:
Not paying taxes is fraud, and very illegal. If you don't get charged taxes, you're still supposed to claim it on your tax return*. Just saying ;)

*at least it is in Canada and the US. I have no reason to believe it's different in the EU.

I don't know you, but at face value, I really think I don't like you....just saying

well im in the USA, and if you give me a *gift* of 350 dollars, than ill give you the gift of a *free* pandora!

Just don't ship anything DHL unless you can insure it/track it.

I shipped a priceless autographed CD in a box with other stuff, dirty laundry & literature. It took almost two months to get to the US from Germany. No contraband, it took forever & it cost me €40. They wanted €80 for express.

I don't recommend under declaring the value in case its lost.

Taxes suck!

Peace

Link

I'm getting a headache from al those taxes and stuff :D

I'll just order it from the closest country that sells it. Probable Germany then. I just can't wait till it comes out.

Btw: Mistabeen, I know you from Gunk or 9lives.

Back