Import a gp?

count zero

Website
www.pregnantboy.net
Hello!

I'm planning to buy a gp soon. next month i think. (just have to wait to get some money =)
But now i read something about an european release off the gp 32 in this forum.
Does anyone know when this will be?
What would u say. Should i just import one (i'm living in germany) or wait for it to be released in europe.

But actually i dont want to wait so long. So if the release will be in half a year or so, i am going to import one.

thx alot, count.

I'm also planning on buying one this month, so i have been checking around a bit. I'm from sweden so this regards me as well. I don't know the actual date for an european release but i've noticed that they sell GP32s at a swedish online store. It doesn't say if they sell them as imported items or if this means the system has already been launched in europe?

Anyhow, it will actually be a lot cheaper for me to import one than buying it from them. I'll get an imported front-lit GP32 for about the same price as a regular one in sweden.

honestly... i know this is far off.. but if you have any friends in Korea you can usually get a new gp32 for about 100$ all these sites are charging SO much. i've bought 7 gp32's for friends so far at 100-120$ each.

maybe you should call local stores around you and see if they are comming in stock soon.

I think you should wait and get the european gp32. It might have some extra stuff, plus the black gp32 might be available for the european launch.

Octavius posted on Jul 28 2003 said:
honestly... i know this is far off.. but if you have any friends in Korea you can usually get a new gp32 for about 100$ all these sites are charging SO much. i've bought 7 gp32's for friends so far at 100-120$ each.
no way to get one in KR, but a friend of mine will go to Tokyo in August...is it easier to find gp32/flu in japan (with a good price, i mean)?

Last edited by a moderator:
thx so far.

hmm. i dont know anyone in tokyo so this is impossible.
Moreover I dont think that any german store i could call had ever heard of the gp32 =(
They would probably sell me a gba without noticing that this is not the thingy i'm talking about.

I dont want to wait so long. I just cant await it to have one in my own hands.
What is this with the extra stuff besides the black color? anyone knows about it? I have a white gba and i want a white gp so this would not be interesting for me.
But the hardware would stay the same (or do they put they new arm processor in it hehehe).

hmm. i still dont know what to do. but i think i dont want to wait sooo long for the european one. i will just think about it some days. and probaply importing one soon =) or not =( i dont know.

if just anyone would know when it will be released.

I bought mine from Play-Asia.com, and it was $294.50 for the FLU, SM-Card (128 Mb) and a bag. It was a lot cheaper then buying it here in Sweden.
At least until UPS called me and said that they wanted 709 SEK (~ $78) extra, because of custom fees.

Anyhow, I think it was worth it. It still was about $10 cheaper than if I should have bought it in Sweden.

//emil

nauska posted on Jul 29 2003 said:
I bought mine from Play-Asia.com, and it was $294.50 for the FLU, SM-Card (128 Mb) and a bag. It was a lot cheaper then buying it here in Sweden.
At least until UPS called me and said that they wanted 709 SEK (~ $78) extra, because of custom fees.

Anyhow, I think it was worth it. It still was about $10 cheaper than if I should have bought it in Sweden.

//emil
I bought the exact same stuff too. I highly recommend Play-Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back