Im Very Interested In The Pandora But Have A Few Questions!

obiwan22 said:
thanks guys for all the comments and perspectives! I read all of them and some are very good

probably the main reason Im leaning over the psp side is because I can get it soon and now

unlike the Pandora which I will probrably get in December, leaving me to sell my ipod touch now and wait till dec. no thanks

however, Im still in deep thought about this issue
I have a PSP and have pre-ordered a Pandora because of it being open source, having dual nubs, having a better/actual OS, more memory(in every way ROM, RAM, and actual storage 2 SD's :D ), ect, and it's what I have been looking for ever since I got my PSP and wasn't completely satisfied with it's homebrew capabilities. The actual games for the PSP are all right but not worth having a PSP over a Pandora, to me anyways. (If I was wanting something strictly for it's commercial games I'd wait for the 3DS over getting a PSP now.)

Plus if you buy a new PSP they have yet to release a new CFW to set it up because the pandora battery doesn't work with the 3000's and you can't even access the PSP Go battery, so if I were you I would stick with the Pandora if your wanting a homebrew device. B)

Those were just my thoughts, hope this helps you out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys I have a few more questions about the Pandora:

does it have a microphone?

do you think in the future connecting a web camera is possible?

do you think skype will ever come out for pandora?

I think I seen this answer but I forgot:

is shipping included with the price? to the usa?

thanks

obiwan22 said:
hey guys I have a few more questions about the Pandora:

does it have a microphone?
Yes. One built in and one optional via headset port.
do you think in the future connecting a web camera is possible?
Yes, via USB port.
It has been open sourced recently, so it's likely that someone might port it.

I think I seen this answer but I forgot:

is shipping included with the price? to the usa?

thanks
Check GBAX.com

which website should I order from?

gbax.com

or

openpandora.com

Last question:

If I preorder end of august which point in line will I be in preorder.? How many models have been shipped out in batch 1 already? out of how many?

obiwan22 said:
which website should I order from?

gbax.com

or

openpandora.com
The first mail address on OP.com is from EDs shop in Germany, the second one is from Craig's shop (GBAX.com).
I don't know where you live, so I can't tell you where you should order.
Last question:

If I preorder end of august which point in line will I be in preorder.? How many models have been shipped out in batch 1 already? out of how many?
It's impossible to predict your place in the queue. 650 or so out of 4000 have been shipped, IIRC.

mali said:
It has been open sourced recently, so it's likely that someone might port it.
Was this confirmed? I though only an API to a binary was released, not an open protocol specification / implementation.

^ There was a thread about it recently. Apparently it didn't include "skype" in the title, so I rely on your search skills as I'm lazy right now :p

dam it.

I really want to preorder this pandora but the wait will kill me.

IF I were to preorder it, then I would have to sell my ipod touch and I wouldnt get my pandora till DECEMBER! :(

mali said:
^ There was a thread about it recently. Apparently it didn't include "skype" in the title, so I rely on your search skills as I'm lazy right now :p
There was this thread, but it wasn't conclusive on this issue either.

<edit>
So more random searching yielded this page which confirms what I feared from the vague description which on the skype site. It's an interface to a client application.

This makes it highly unlikely that it will run on the Pandora.
</edit>

Back