I'm Missing Screws

Perky_Goth

Website
waronsanity.com
Hi,

I finally received the Pandora (yay), and a proper micro-review should be forthcoming, where I have a couple of doubts on how best to use it.
Anyway, I noticed that the unit was a bit lose and had a "crack" where the bottom pieces should connect. After wondering whether I would have to return it (booo), I looked to see how easy it would be to dissassemble to fix myself (maybe), and I noticed the bottom screws on the sides were missing!
Crisis averted, but I would still like to have them to avoid wear and tear, to have it more crash resistant, etc. Does anyone one have an ideia how I can get them (maybe a model reference) or whether they can be mailed or something? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Either way, pretty happy. Besides managing to not set the password and having to reflash the unit...

Perky_Goth said:
Hi,

I finally received the Pandora (yay), and a proper micro-review should be forthcoming, where I have a couple of doubts on how best to use it.
Anyway, I noticed that the unit was a bit lose and had a "crack" where the bottom pieces should connect. After wondering whether I would have to return it (booo), I looked to see how easy it would be to dissassemble to fix myself (maybe), and I noticed the bottom screws on the sides were missing!
Crisis averted, but I would still like to have them to avoid wear and tear, to have it more crash resistant, etc. Does anyone one have an ideia how I can get them (maybe a model reference) or whether they can be mailed or something? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Send me a mail (shop@gp2x.de) with your address and I'll send you the screws...
Might take a while though, overwhelmed with mails at the moment :)

Either way, pretty happy. Besides managing to not set the password and having to reflash the unit...

How did you manage to do this? :eek:
Would be cool if you could tell me, I could change the script to prevent that.

Last edited:
I guess it wasn't very useful stating the problem on the boards, I just wanted to share my happiness at having the Pandora without spending time for a proper post.

How did you manage to do this? :eek:
Would be cool if you could tell me, I could change the script to prevent that.
I'm not entirely shure, but I think that what happened was this...
1 - Password prompt: hmmm, I don't want to bother with something, I'll just enter "a";
2 - Confirmation prompt: Wait, the password is going to be used to elevate privileges, same as regular linux... hmmm, what if I click the little X, will it go back?
3 - Welcome to the Pandora!: ops... maybe I don't really need it. (of course I needed it for the codec pack and such)

So, google and reflash.

tl;dr version, clicking in the window X when it asks for password confirmation seems to go forward in the setup. I can't be sure, with all the excitement, but I'm pretty positive on it.
As for the screws, email coming up.

This happened to me, too, then got worse when I dropped it. Hope the places where the screws sit isn't broken. I've already talked to ED about it. :3

I was missing screws too I just fired off an email and about a week later I got my screws.
I was really happy with the response and quick resolution to this and another small issue I had.

Back