I'm Experiencing Discharge

sparkymark

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I have received another battery from OP, but am still experiencing discharge - ooh errr.

I shut down at 76%. About 18hours later it was at 54%. I then left it till the next day and it was 36% so I'm getting about a 20% discharge per night when switched off. Is there any way my pandora could be eeking out some charge out of the battery even when switched off fully.

I guess the one test I should do which I haven't us take the battery out and see if the battery still discharges.

There's also a page on it toward the back of the Quick Start Guide, if it is indeed related to the battery not being aligned correctly.

Hi,

I don't think this is a "battery position" related. Battery either has contact or doesn't, the third option would be a short circut, which you would clearly notice as Pandora would melt and/or explode. Try charging battery and measure voltage. Battery could be defective and not hold maximum charge.

I suggest you reflash the unit, it magically worked for me :)

look into this thread for more info: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55699-persistent-select-date-dialog-box/

Last edited by a moderator:
nagy said:
Battery either has contact or doesn't
Actually, it's been mentioned several times (by the team, if memory serves) that it's possible for the alignment with the contacts to be slightly off, which can cause strange battery behaviour (such as only being able to charge to a strange number like 81%, or running down quicker-than-expected, for example). This is why it gets mentioned, so that it can be ruled out. :p

hmm didn't come across that on the forums...but I haven't come across any such pattern in all my time with batteries (a few years ago, quite extensive)

anyway, good luck! May the battery be with you, padawan :)

nagy said:
hmm didn't come across that on the forums...but I haven't come across any such pattern in all my time with batteries (a few years ago, quite extensive)

Batteries now have 3 terminals, including a temperature sensor.

tsh said:
nagy said:

BTW, do we have a temp sensor in the SoC?

Vitel said:
tsh said:
nagy said:

http://pandorawiki.org/Special:Search?search=temperature&go=Go

tsh said:
Vitel said:
tsh said:
nagy said:

http://pandorawiki.org/Special:Search?search=temperature&go=Go
That result is on the monitoring bq27500 (and varies with current draw), not in the OMAP package. But I remember seeing a connection (in the hackers manual drawing) from the OMAP to a temp sensor in the flash/ram package (that is above the omap). Dunno if I'm just making things up, but maybe.

Back