If you could own two of your drem cars (modern and classic) what would they be?

maxresdefault.jpg

Now that I see that Mustang It remembers me onto why Americans need such big, beefy and powerful cars but can't drive any faster than ~80mp/h?  :huh:   I mean, on their highwaays it doesn't matter if you only have a old, crappy car with 50 horsepower, you are not faster at your destination if you have a 500+ HP Corvette or so. Weird.  :rolleyes:

Assuming theres a restriction to wheeled road vehicles, I'll have one of these, please:
I find steam cars interesting. Especialy since they were once a serious competitor to the gasoline engine 100 Years ago, same as electric cars by the way. I strongly recommend Jay Lennos Youtube Channel where he shows and explains these kind of old cars.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUg_ukBwsyo?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
mine was a camaro not a mustang, but point taken.

Most of the time spent will be <80mph but that doesn't stop some of us when the coast is clear ^.^

For me it's the style I like and I'd be perfectly happy with the 3.6L vs the 6.2L in the "mussle car" version.

mine was a camaro not a mustang, but point taken.

Most of the time spent will be <80mph but that doesn't stop some of us when the coast is clear ^.^

For me it's the style I like and I'd be perfectly happy with the 3.6L vs the 6.2L in the "mussle car" version.
Oops, sorry. ^^"  The mistake was maybe because new Mustang and new Camaro somehow look more similar then old Mustangs and old Camaros back then. But I guess that's an general problem with todays cars. When it comes to style, I prefer the oldies, especialy old US cars. For example, more than Camaros and Mustangs, I like the classy Trans Am here:

gallery_nrm_1418657603-transamburt.jpg

(That's actualy the original Car from Smokey and the Bandit, formerly owned by Burt Reynolds and sold for over 450K$ at an auction  B)  )

Well, if you see it more as a mustache, it's kinda cool.

I also see car fronts as faces, especially the eyes/headlights. But I found out that grilles don't always look like such. Just look at how they did it in Cars : Chick Hicks has a mustache, not a big nose.

I didn't check this thread until tonight because I figured it would be all cars I dislike.  There were a few that I didn't expect in here.  I am not really a car person, but there are some that I like the look of.  I am not really into modern cars, so I would go with a pickup truck for practical reasons, but I would have to do a lot more investigating, and there are really only 2 brands that come to minds for me.  There are some other more robust vehicles that I wouldn't mind having, but they are far less practical, and I see no reason to have unless I was planning on (not) getting blown up (MRAPs and such).  There might be some older vehicles that are a bit more affordable and that I could actually work on, but then we start going back at least a few decades.  This thread isn't about practical, though.

I like the look of some late 60s to early 70s American cars.  I am particularly fond of a few late 60s Cadillacs (and really miss the hearse I had for a little while).  I also think some 30s and 40s cars look decent.  These are all mainly for the appearance.  I prefer so-called luxury cars, and suicide doors are a nice extra little touch.

Classic dream car?

Already own it

11043200_912036942180421_8480128724215092826_n.jpg

1958 vw bug.. My dream car was a vw bug.. I got a 1968 for my first car which I'm still working on but I saw this one for sale back when I got my 1968 in 2011 I wish I could have gotten this one but this bug was way out of our price range... flash forward to 2014 and the price dropped to a point where we came up and got it.

Modern car.....

Would be something I make myself from parts of numerous old cars and cobble them together into something that never existed but could of... Hey its made in the future so it's modern right? ^_^

Back