If You Are In The Us Order From Gp32z.com

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
A lot of people don't seem to be getting this, so I thought I'd make a topic.

If you live in the US, you should order from a distributor that is based in the US.

To me, this seems a very logical thing to do.

In the US, if you want the most up-to-date product, a reliable reseller, and good customer service (I know, I went through the returns process and actually got my old GP2X refurbished rather than getting a new one, so it still says "First Edition" on the case, which I am happy about) please, please order from

GP32z.com.

i got my gp2x pretty promptly from them, i preordered in october and was supposed to get a case for it and stuff but never did. kinda bummed by that but otherwise im good

I'm in the US and I ordered mine from Play-Asia. Why? It's cheaper, more reliable, and probably has better customer service. And just because it's not from GP32z doesn't mean that it's not up to date; I believe PA started selling MKII's before GP32z. A lot of people don't seem to be getting this. To me, this seems a very logical thing to do.

Play-Asia.com.

(BTW, I DID order my TV-Out cable from GP32z. It took 2 days to ship; my PA order shipped in 10 hours)

(BTW, I DID order my TV-Out cable from GP32z. It took 2 days to ship; my PA order shipped in 10 hours)
Indeed. I ordered my GP2X on a Monday, and it arrived the next week on Tuesday. Not bad.. but I ordered a 2GB SD card for it from digi4me.com the Thursday after ordering the GP2X, and it arrived a day before the console! Best of all, they're both shipping out of California.

But that's nitpicking. Overall it was pretty good. And the free shipping was excellent. How much was shipping for yours, Azure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. I ordered my GP2X on a Monday, and it arrived the next week on Tuesday. Not bad.. but I ordered a 2GB SD card for it from digi4me.com the Thursday after ordering the GP2X, and it arrived a day before the console! Best of all, they're both shipping out of California.

But that's nitpicking. Overall it was pretty good. And the free shipping was excellent. How much was shipping for yours, Azure?

I ordered the cable from GP32z and they sent me the old cable still (the one that needs an index card to hold it in place). This was near the end of May when PA was temperarily out of stock on it. Sigh, should have waited.

I ordered my stuff from GP32z and was satisfied, overall, with their service including turnover and transit times. I've already invested tons of money into import sites like Lik-Sang and Play-Asia so I thought I'd give someone else a chance.

I went with the cheapest shipping available ($1.50). Both places are great places to order from, but I recommend Play-Asia much more for their excellent track record (Based on my own and others experiences) and their cheap prices (Cheaper than GP32z, even when you factor in shipping). Plus, they are much more professional and can thus be considered more reliable (I prefer ordering from bigger businesses like PA versus GP32z if I have the option).

I've ordered from Gp32z many times in the past. My current GP2X took 3 days to arrive from the point I ordered. I also ordered a second one over this past weekend (Saturday) and that one is scheduled to arrive today. Everything always comes in perfect. I HIGHLY recommend them over ordering overseas if you live in the USA.

also if u live in the uk u MUST get it from gp2x.co.uk
mines just got dispatched, great customer service there
and i can easily send it back if it gets broke
woot here comes my gp2x

also if u live in the uk u MUST get it from gp2x.co.uk
mines just got dispatched, great customer service there
and i can easily send it back if it gets broke
woot here comes my gp2x

I agree.
I ordered mine during the period where they couldn't keep up with the orders. Paid extra for the 24-hour delivery in order to get it before I went on holiday, but they weren't able to ship it for over a week.
Sounds bad, yes? But I contacted them and they were friendly people (answering all of my n00b questions about the device) and have loads of great information.
In short, gp2x.co.uk offer a complete service, not just a POS (point-of-sale, btw).

Ordered a PSU at the same time, but they were out - so I got a generic one from Argos in the end. Will be getting my case from there, if I can scrape the money together :/

Well I ordered my GP2X and case from a nice fellow across the Atlantic Ocean because I needed/wanted a custom GP2X. That said, I just ordered my power supply and TV-Out from www.GP32z.com...

That's a mixed bag. I e-mailed them a question and it took them more than 1 day to answer. I e-mailed them a follow-up question and 1 day later, no answer. I assume that, because my order went through, they didn't bother replying?

I ordered on Monday, but when I try to track my package, I still get:
  • ERROR: Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.
  • NOTE: Your order has been completed, however your tracking number has not yet posted to the shipping carrier's status system. Please allow 1-2 business days before trying again. Thank you.
So... yeah. They need to be more responsive. For all I know everything else about them is good.

Edit: got my 2nd "days" amount wrong, when I checked my Gmail.

How much did shipping cost from play asia though? Plus you just mention time it took to ship out the door not arrive to your house.

I personally am a Lik-Sang user myself, seems to be pretty much the same stuff as PlayAsia. I just like it better.

I ordered my Gp2x from GP32z and found the service to be quite good but returns (bricked first edition unit) were a little hard.

With buying any product, you have to weigh up cost vs after sales care.

However, in this particular case you have to weigh up an additional (and important) factor. What has the company done to foster the 'scene'?

The uk, german, turkish, usa and possibly even the aussie distributors have all put something back into the community via discussions with the manufacturers, organising competitions, hosting the archive, developing a BOB and gp32z certainly did a lot for the gp32 if I remember correctly.

Hence I would encourage people to spend the money buying through somebody that will help the community. Its a bit like spending your money at Tescos/Walmart vs the local corner shop. The later will be a little more expensive, but only one will sponsor the local fete and let you off a few pence when you have run short.

Must rush - off to join a hippy commune :p

Yeah, that was actually why I bought mine from gp32z. Why spend money with play-asia and liksang, who have contributed nothing?

How much did shipping cost from play asia though? Plus you just mention time it took to ship out the door not arrive to your house.

I personally am a Lik-Sang user myself, seems to be pretty much the same stuff as PlayAsia. I just like it better.

I ordered my Gp2x from GP32z and found the service to be quite good but returns (bricked first edition unit) were a little hard.
Their most expensive shipping was ~$26. Ordered on a Monday, shipped early Tuesday morning, arrived Wednesday morning.

From the stand point of someone who is new to this whole scene and justs wants a GP2X, it doesn't matter if you buy from someone who has directly contributed to the scene or not (Just whoever sells it for cheaper, is more secure, and is more reliable). You guys make Play-Asia out to just be another import website, but PA was the main place outside of the UK (Thus GBAX) for people to get GP32 stuff (And thus helped foster the scene by helping people getting GP32 goods). Are you really surprised that they haven't fostered the scene as directly as GP32z? Play-Asia is a large corporation and cannot waste money on fostering some puny scene that barely brings in any income for it (I don't mean to be harsh, but let's face it -- the GP2X scene is minuscule on a larger scale); putting that much effort into such a niche market would be a horrible business move. GP32z is a much smaller company focusing on a niche market, and thus it can do things that Play-Asia cannot. And I believe Hando also used Play-Asia ads on these forums, didn't he?

My point is that the original poster is making a declaratory statement. He isn't suggesting that people order from GP32z to support the "local corner shop," but just that it is the logical thing to do (When, in reality, the "logical" thing to do would be to order from the cheaper, more reliable place). I'm fine with ordering from GP32z to support the underdog, but I'd rather tell all the newcomers to order from a cheaper, more reliable place for their personal benefit.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, I am absolutely all about reliability and speed of service. GP32z most definitely has both. I have placed half a dozen orders through them, and never had a problem with my shipments.

They ARE very slow with email, I must say. I ordered a MK1 unit from them a long while back, and thinking it was broken (dead batteries..duh) I sent it back for refund. I didn't get any kind of email confirmation as to when my card would be credited, but it certainly was within a couple of days.

I came back to them for my MK2 order, and same as always, I had it 3 days after I placed the order. A good tip is to forget the other delivery methods and use USPS Priority Mail if you live in the USA. It is lightening fast. I then ordered a case, same thing...three days. Just ordered another MK2 unit (on Sunday), same again...arrived today....exactly three days later.

Of course all of the equipment I have ordered is in brand new/perfect condition. I am overall very happy with the service, and GP32z has a reputation (at least with me) to really be on the ball with shipping. I think they do get an unneccessary bad rap for the lack of quick email responses however.

Bottom line: I can absolutely, certainly, wholeheartedly recommend them to anybody interested in GP2X (or GP32/Zodiac) goods. They are good.

Bottom line: I can absolutely, certainly, wholeheartedly recommend them to anybody interested in GP2X (or GP32/Zodiac) goods. They are good.
Makes sense. My only basis for my whining is the e-mail turnaround.
They seem to be quite a bit under-staffed for any kind of quick turn-around. I have RMA'd an autobricked GP2X from them and got another, turnaround/feedback is bad. But they do make good eventually, they don't rip people off.

I notice that Play-Asia seems to have GP2X's for $190 shipping included with the Economy Air Boxed shipping for $19.60

That beats GP32z in my book if only for $10 price, I can buy myself a TV-Out cable for $9.90 with the extra money, it comes to $200 even for a GP2X and TV-Out cable with shipping from Play-Asia, a good deal.

hmm, gp32z.com has free ground shipping, so a TV-Out cable and GP2X are only $200.98, and they are in California (where I live).

I guess I am still torn then, has anyone RMA'd a console with Play-Asia? I don't know who would be tougher to deal with, but with firmware 2.0 it shouldn't be a problem really, unless you break it yourself.

Also I like how Play-Asia puts it in the next-gen console category, I couldn't find it for a minute :D

Back