If There Was An Nds Emu...

Rygiz

Still Fresh
I hope this hasn't been addressed, as I've yet to become effective at choosing the right search terms...Anyways...

I had a conversation a few days ago with a friend on mine who uses an r4 which she plays Pokemon with. I mentioned to her that I wonder if she can trade with another friend of mine who doesn't use an r4 to play. I'm sure they'll figure that out, but that's neither here nor there. I know there was mention before about the possibility of an NDS emulator for homebrew stuff on that system. I know nothing about this, and have failed to successfully search... even with googling this site about an NDS emulator.

So, my question is: If there was a home brew program that used wifi to connect to other NDS, and then an emulator was made to work on the Pandora, what are the odds that you could connect the two different systems via wifi while running that program?

I don't actually expect to need this personally, but hey, there's a hurricane on the go so I might as well ponder about stuff.

Since your premise doesn't hold, this question is irrelevant. There isn't any NDS emulator and it is very unlikely you will see one anytime soon.

I don't think there's really any way of answering the question definitively unless the emulator and DS software existed in the first place. :p (Of course, I could be wrong, so please feel free to correct me if this is the case.)

the pandora only has one screen so its theoretically impossible to emulate the nds, on a side note, the 3ds will will use nubs very similar to pandoras, so there is some potential there for emulation

DaMummy said:
the pandora only has one screen so its theoretically impossible to emulate the nds, on a side note, the 3ds will will use nubs very similar to pandoras, so there is some potential there for emulation
Here we go again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any new screens of the NDS showed 2 nubs? All that I had seen it was featuring one.

On topic, it's certainly possible but even more unlikely then a DS emulator that plays well enough to warrant a devs efforts to work on multiplayer with another DS.

DaMummy said:
Please don't. It just isn't funny anymore. :(

DaMummy said:
the pandora only has one screen so its theoretically impossible to emulate the nds,

it's not a screen number problem but a speed problem :)

*SIGH*. Way to scare off newbs.
Anyhow, I would like to know how that would work, however. That would be quite interesting if it could... If there was... If...
OK, how much do you think we should pay somebody for an NDS emu?

DaMummy said:

The DS screens are both 256 x 192
The Pandora's screen is: 800 x 480

Both screens could easily fit, and the whole thing is a touchscreen.

QBCS, you perhaps ought to know that DaMummy was being sarcastic. ;) There's a meme around here regarding Nintendo DS emulation and "theoretical possibilities" about emulating various parts of it, because it has been discussed a very large number of times.

I would say that it might be possible to connect the DS to PC. But it would probably be very hard.

Would be interesting to know the percentage of users that already have a DS. I think nothing beats the NDS when it comes to portable gaming pleasure. Light, great control and fun games.

I do. It's my second-favourite system of all time, after the SNES, actually. :)

@OP: It's possible for non-DS wifi to communicate with DSs: See wifime for an example. The question is still moot since the Pandora doesn't and probably will never have DS emulation.

@b_o_b: I have a DS. I mostly use it for studying Japanese with "Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten" No other software I have used comes anywhere near KSRJ for Japanese handwriting recognition. Yes, I also play games on my DS, though :)

Drack said:
@OP: It's possible for non-DS wifi to communicate with DSs: See wifime for an example. The question is still moot since the Pandora doesn't and probably will never have DS emulation.

@b_o_b: I have a DS. I mostly use it for studying Japanese with "Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten" No other software I have used comes anywhere near KSRJ for Japanese handwriting recognition. Yes, I also play games on my DS, though :)

'Wi-fi', not 'ni-fi'. I don't know which the OP had in mind, wi-fi with other NDS through the Nintendo WFC or the protocol DS's use for local play. http://masscat.afraid.org/ninds/proto_info.php

Speaking of the screen issue, I'm sure we could figure something out if we had some mockups...anybody good with photoshop?

Prometheus said:
BCS, you perhaps ought to know that DaMummy was being sarcastic. ;) There's a meme around here regarding Nintendo DS emulation and "theoretical possibilities" about emulating various parts of it, because it has been discussed a very large number of times.

Just making sure everyone's aware, I'm sure quite a few people overlook that.

b_o_b said:
Would be interesting to know the percentage of users that already have a DS. I think nothing beats the NDS when it comes to portable gaming pleasure. Light, great control and fun games.

I own an NDS, and love it. I play New Super Mario Brothers and Rocket slime. I heard one of the Tetris games was justification in itself for buying the NDS, but when confronted with 2, at the store, I couldn't figure out which one it was.

I think we should choose now to put and end to the DS screen meme. Not that I want to ruin anyone's fun, but it does tend to derail threads and alienate new members. That doesn't make for a very welcoming community. :)

For the record, there is no such thing as a moot hypothetical.

Gruso said:
For the record, there is no such thing as a moot hypothetical.

But what if there was? :unsure:

Back