If A D-pad Would Be Better...

Anamy

Still Fresh
If a D-Pad would be better, and making a game more playable... I was thinking, my not make it so the screen would apear upside down, you could also hold the system upside down and then use the buttons as a kinda d pad o_O;; about how to use the other buttons... well... I duno XD just an idea >.>;

T

TelcoLou

That's a pretty cool idea! I just held it upside down and ya know what?? It's damn comfortable!!

iignotus

The one and only
Website
gp2xdev.no-ip.org
More like a PSP "D-Pad" than a real one that way :( ;)

Plus you lose all the L/R functionality.

I'm still waiting for someone to implement controls in a vertical shooter where you can turn the GP2X sideways and use the buttons and start/select to play :D

Anamy

Still Fresh
well, it could be done with games that dont require much buttons, and the push button on the joystick could work as one needed to do stuff...

starpause

Website
mp3death.us
yeah, ABYX doesn't rocker like a proper would. still, nice to have options.

what i'd love is something like a laptop nipple for the joystiq. even daveC's cap isn't prime.

halo9

Website
Visit site
IntenseWage posted on Mar 9 2006 at 04:49 AM said:
You guys know you can do this with GP2XEngine, right? You use the volume buttons as I and II.
I've been playing it like this for a while and it is very comfortable, a bit top-heavy with the batteries in though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ingrin

iignotus posted on Mar 8 2006 at 09:53 PM said:
More like a PSP "D-Pad" than a real one that way :( ;)

Plus you lose all the L/R functionality.

I'm still waiting for someone to implement controls in a vertical shooter where you can turn the GP2X sideways and use the buttons and start/select to play :D
I assume you are being sarcastic, but if not, MAME lets you do just that...
*EDIT* Sorry, didn't read through all the way. MAME lets you use the stick and volume buttons*EDIT*

Last edited by a moderator: