GP2X Change Gp2x Orientation?

sixela

Still Fresh
Hi,

Just wondering if there is a simple way to change the GP2x screen orientation upside down, this way you could use the AYXB buttons as a D-pad (like in Ruckman), and the stick/volume keys as the other buttons.

If this has been discussed before sorry. If you think its a dumb idea, I apologise again.

:rolleyes:

This "trick" is used in emulators, such as MAME... albeit the screen is turned sideways for scrolling shooters... so of course it's possible, it's just dependant on the relevant authors to implement it...

I don't know if a system-wide toggle as what I guess you are suggesting would be feasible, but I would doubt it.

PokeParadox said:
This "trick" is used in emulators, such as MAME... albeit the screen is turned sideways for scrolling shooters... so of course it's possible, it's just dependant on the relevant authors to implement it...

I don't know if a system-wide toggle as what I guess you are suggesting would be feasible, but I would doubt it.
Your right, I guess a system wide setting would be asking for too much.

But it would definitly be nice to see in some of the emulators, namely the nintendo (super and famicon) and sega ones.

Does anyone else, think this would be a usefull feature? Turn your gp2x upside down and let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
nah...you can ask pokeparadox about that one...at least with SDL, you'd probably end up tossing your "new" presses onto the same queue that the "old" ones were coming from. he can probably explain it better though.

then again, maybe with different firmware???

Back