Ide For Bennugd

SolarLune

So in my short time using BennuGD, I've found Notepad++ and ConTEXT both ineffectual at the job. Notepad++ (the one that comes with the BennuTools pack?) didn't have a console, and while ConTEXT did have one, it didn't scroll down to the last line while running a game (useful for debugging). That's why I decided to use another IDE that I had on my system for awhile - Komodo Edit. It's a nice, free IDE for programming, and while it doesn't support Bennu highlighting, it can be customized to create the highlighting (use the Bennu.chl file that ConTEXT provides and port that for Komodo). Why put up with it even though it doesn't have highlighting?

1 > A console that scrolls downward to the last line.

2 > A project format in which you can organize your data (You may be able to filter out non-essential files).

3 > A customizable macro / command system able to run and compile Bennu files.

4 > Folding. Yes, FOLDING for your Process blocks and If statements.

5 > It's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

That stuff is pretty essential for me (except for the cross-platform part). Anywho, that's just my own recommendation. If I recall, Ruckage said something on this forum about wanting a new IDE to code in for BennuGD - maybe he'll find this as useful as I did. Here's the site.

I agree SolarLune, and I like your screenname. My question is, although I found a great explanation of how to set up bennuGD in komodo for Windows and have been using it, I am currently trying to learn linux and am currently running openSUSE with the XFCE desktop, and I'm wondering how to set up Komodo to work with bennuGD on that OS. Any tips?

Back