New Bennugd Tutorial

SolarLune

Hey, there. So, not too long ago, I started a blog called Game Up!, with the main feature being that it holds tutorials for game development (just a basic 'Hello World' one for BennuGD and an introductory one for the Blender Game Engine, a 2D / 3D Game Engine for PCs. Here's the link to it. Hopefully I can continue to make them and get some views.

Nice tutorial!,the first time i managed to run a custom program on caanoo.
I´m still curios about the .dcb file :blink: , where did you get it???? i trying to compile another BennuGD tutorials and it just says

""doesn't exist or isn't version 7 DCB compatible""!!!

Thanks! The .dcb file is the compiled source file for the game - some Caanoo and BennuGD tutorials out there have you compile the source code and execute the resulting compiled file actually on the Caanoo, but this is an unnecessary step. It's much more efficient to compile the game beforehand, like in the tutorial, and then execute the file. As for your problem, I believe you must make sure you have the latest BennuGD Runtime download from the homepage and use the bgdi.exe runtime and bgdc.exe compiler files present in the download to compile and run the game. EDIT: Also, you most likely won't be able to just double-click the compiled .dcb file to run it - you'll have to use the command terminal (In the Start menu, select Run, and type 'cmd') to run the BennuGD interpreter program, like so...
cd C:\BennuGD
bgdi "C:\My Tutorials\tutorial1.dcb"
I believe.

Back