I'd Support OP With A Pandora T-Shirt

If ED makes up a bunch of T-Shirts, would you support OP by buying one?

  • Definitely

    Votes: 38 44.7%
  • If it were priced appropriately, I would

    Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I don't think so

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Heck, I'd buy 5!

    Votes: 4 4.7%

  • Total voters
    85

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
So ED mentioned something interesting today. Obviously OP would benefit from any funding possible right now, and ED suggested selling an official OP tshirt. Something along the lines of the Pandora logo on the front and "I only had to wait 2 months" on the back. I know I'd buy one, but would you? This thread is intended to gauge how financially viable this would be - obviously ED doesn't want to get 2000 tshirts printed off and only have 100 people buying them. Also, price is an important factor, so let ED know what you'd pay.

If you have any opinions or design ideas, feel free to share!
 

Prometheus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
9,475
Absolutely.

I'd definitely buy at least a couple of t-shirts - and a couple more if they were available as long-sleeved t-shirts, as I happen to rather like those and am quite fed up of the fact that almost all long-sleeved t-shirts are completely blank. :p

Happy to pay up to $25, especially if they're long-sleeved. :p
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
I like to wear long sleeved shirts under short sleeveds in the winter. So if ED got both types made up, that's $50 of my money going to OP.
 

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
3,776
Location
Germany
Can I have one with a Wiz logo instead? No? No need to throw stones at me, I didn't say Jehovah. :D
Just kidding, count me in...
 

fischju2000

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
763
I would, an official Cafepress shop would probably work out best, so they could be printed on demand in various sizes and shirt styles instead of ED bulk ordering (how many of those polos sold?)
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
fischju2000 said:
I would, an official Cafepress shop would probably work out best, so they could be printed on demand in various sizes and shirt styles instead of ED bulk ordering (how many of those polos sold?)
Very true, though the potential for profit is much less.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

fischju2000

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
763
Nova said:
fischju2000 said:
I would, an official Cafepress shop would probably work out best, so they could be printed on demand in various sizes and shirt styles instead of ED bulk ordering (how many of those polos sold?)
Very true, though the potential for profit is much less.
Not much compared to people actually buying them and walking around as living advertisements.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
fischju2000 said:
Nova said:
fischju2000 said:
I would, an official Cafepress shop would probably work out best, so they could be printed on demand in various sizes and shirt styles instead of ED bulk ordering (how many of those polos sold?)
Very true, though the potential for profit is much less.
Not much compared to people actually buying them and walking around as living advertisements.
Right. Maybe a web address on the Tshirt would also be a good idea then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
Ed had some polo style shirts awhile ago, and I just asked him about one a few weeks ago, but they are all gone. He plans to make some more, but I don't think he has the time currently. I would love a polo style, and maybe a T with some classic gaming along with the Pandora. We have a very creative community here, someone should do some moc-ups, and lets see what can be produced.

Chris
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
jumpman said:
Ed had some polo style shirts awhile ago, and I just asked him about one a few weeks ago, but they are all gone. He plans to make some more, but I don't think he has the time currently. I would love a polo style, and maybe a T with some classic gaming along with the Pandora. We have a very creative community here, someone should do some moc-ups, and lets see what can be produced.

Chris
I'll see what I can whip up, not sure about references to classic gaming, we don't want to be sued for putting, say mario on the shirt.

Where's that Pandora vector again?


EDIT: Quick mockup a-go-go

Front:



Back:



Obviously I'm sure someone can come up with something a bit more creative.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mitosis

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
70
Age
109
Location
Northern California
Website
www.flickr.com
OK, well... I guess it's time I come outta the woodwork again.

I've been in the works of getting together a "community T-Shirt fundraiser" idea for a couple months now... *sigh* I guess I can go public with the idea now.

See, my father owns a silkscreen printing company... so, for me, creating a silkscreened T-Shirt is as easy as going home to my parents' house for a weekend and pulling some squeegees on the ol' T-Shirt press.

I'll go into more detail soon, but first I wanna run over some final logistics in my head, check some price quotes for raw materials, and discuss my idea so far with some of the OP Team members before I reveal my plans.
 

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
535
Age
41
I wanted to have creates large Vinyl Logos of the Pandora Logo and "openpandora.org" to place on my car to help create buzz around my town and everywhere I drive. Does anyone know if the OPT team would be me the go ahead to do so?? And if so .... Does anyone know where I could grab OFFICIAL Logos and stuff. I really would like the OPT to grant me the opportunity to do this form of advertising in NY state.
I believe it could be a very effective tool to promote this device in the states. Ed, Craig, Michael.... any suggestions?
The vinyls would be fully paid for by myself and would cover the front hood, rear windshield and possibly the roof of the vehicle. Its a Black Honda Civic...fyi
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
30
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
TJFBryant said:
I wanted to have creates large Vinyl Logos of the Pandora Logo and "openpandora.org" to place on my car to help create buzz around my town and everywhere I drive. Does anyone know if the OPT team would be me the go ahead to do so?? And if so .... Does anyone know where I could grab OFFICIAL Logos and stuff. I really would like the OPT to grant me the opportunity to do this form of advertising in NY state.
I believe it could be a very effective tool to promote this device in the states. Ed, Craig, Michael.... any suggestions?
The vinyls would be fully paid for by myself and would cover the front hood, rear windshield and possibly the roof of the vehicle. Its a Black Honda Civic...fyi

Prometheus said:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mecksg1

Very Active Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2010
Messages
247
i would for sure order a couple of them just to have and give to friends.
 
Top