I'd So Love To See Cps-1 And Cps-2 Games Emulated

Megaframe

Still Fresh
You remember Marvel Vs Capcom, Darkstalkers, Marvel Vs Street Fighter. If Neo-Geo can be emulated so well, why can't CPS games? :D, they're so much more pleasing to the eye and fast!!.

Those games are way to big . And they require the rom be loaded into memory to be played . Considering the gp2x only has 64 megs that is your bottleneck for unzipped roms . It was the same thing for xbox so I got a 128 meg ram upgrade .

it might be able to do virtual memory in the future but SD cards are just way to slow .

Basically I would not hold my breath until they figure out how to upgrade the ram .

Those games are way to big . And they require the rom be loaded into memory to be played . Considering the gp2x only has 64 megs that is your bottleneck for unzipped roms . It was the same thing for xbox so I got a 128 meg ram upgrade .

it might be able to do virtual memory in the future but SD cards are just way to slow .

Basically I would not hold my breath until they figure out how to upgrade the ram .
There are NeoGeo roms that are larger than 64 megs and a workaround has already been found for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on, I thought PS1 roms were a tad bigger than 64mb. ;)
And yet there is a playable PS1 emu (Apparantly, I haven't used it yet (Damn you Royal mail! :angry: ))

I guess the load times may be slow, but this certainly doesn't seem impossible.

But that's just my 1.11p
(Man, I've been wanting to say that for so long :) )

You don't load an entire PS1 image into memory at once, PS1 uses DVD drives that are accessed sector by sector, so I imagine any emulator would do the same thing, pull just the data they need.

What if the sector was more than 64mb? Besides cant you use pagefile on the SD card or something?

Back