iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

It won't work.

The nubs are out of production, so he'd first need to redesign the PCB and case for new nubs, scrap the old PCBs to produce new ones...
 I'd like to hear the excuse for why he didn't order those nubs in 2012. I kind of wonder if it would have impacted the Pandora supply if there were 4000 fewer nubs available, or if they would have just agreed to make more.
The nubs were ALWAYS produced when ordered, so I could even order 1000 and they'd produce them.

However, they let me know in December that they can't get the needed rubber material anymore, so they could only sell me a few remaining ones.

Don't ask me why they haven't been ordered in 2012 though.

To create the 100 prototypes, 200 of Pandoras nubs have been used (which should've been replaced later by the big batch when the real production run started).

I wonder if any kind of project revival is even feasible. What I mean is, for someone to, before starting: hire MWeston and DaveC (or someone else who can do/finish the case) and if necessary secure the design rights, and get a proper prototype 100% finished and heavily demonstrated. Then put together a very detailed project plan, complete drawings, BOM, quotes, and source code and make it free to download to the public. Come up with a price structure that explains exactly where the money would be going and what initial funding would need to be repaid from it. List what things still need to be paid for vs what's already in store. Cut out any involvement from Craig (he'd have to be willing I'm sure), then have a website where KS orders can pay for the upgrade.
Production itself probably wouldn't be an issue.

I could handle it if MWeston would like to do it, but rights about the case design and especially Craigs okay would be needed (probably won't happen).

The same nubs as for the Pyra could be used.

Also, I'd replace the dome caps with a small rubber keymat as well.

However, I doubt Craig would even really reply to that, so it's not something I'd put much energy into right now.

I might be willing to fund that first part of this if I were confident I'd actually see at least a lot of the money again. I don't have that much personal interest in iCP2 (I'm not a backer to begin with) but I think it really sucks that all this work went to waste and that everyone is getting burned like this. Does anyone have any idea if such a thing has any chance at all, or if the iCP2 team and/or the backers wouldn't want to push for it?
Same here. I don't care about the iCP2, that's why I didn't really get involved with (and because I didn't trust Craig anymore after the Pandora...)

At least there is a line of communication now.  Too bad it took forever to hear anything.  Id be willing to throw a few more bucks at it since im sure most of my money is gone, but I don't know how many other people would be willing to do the same.

At least there is a line of communication now.  Too bad it took forever to hear anything.  Id be willing to throw a few more bucks at it since im sure most of my money is gone, but I don't know how many other people would be willing to do the same.
m_6ecab0ba.jpg

The project was cancelled 3 months ago with no comms what so ever from Craig, not even the project cancelation was from him.  Now he says he has been looking to keep the project alive all along - That makes zero sense.   Id love it to be true, but at this stage , I'd only like to see the project go forward if someone else managed it.   If he really was 25K short, why didn't he contact the backers and ask for more backing via some means , I'm sure ive seen it done before.

If the LED and mats were a problem, why not drop them and go back to plan A. So many questions

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole update was rather weird... and also just asks more questions..

Why did Craig not just post the message directly?  Why did he sent a message via Link?

Why is Craig trying to revive the project whilst Link was trying to sell parts?

Why haven't the iCP1s  just been sent off.. rather than getting older and older wherever they are?

Questions you won't get answers to because Craig has already moved on to his next business venture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

I will rescue the ICP2 with Klumpen!

Just give us your credit card number (don't forget the security number!) and we will take the needed money on our own...

Just give us your credit card number (don't forget the security number!) and we will take the needed money on our own...
You know, my post really was being serious :/

I wrote it before you wrote your post :) I just took Klumpens joke and extended it.

I wrote is before you wrote your post :) I just took Klumpens joke and extended it.
I think he meant that one:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14882-theyre-throwing-in-the-towel/page-18#entry318543/URL]

It's always sad to see effort, hopes and money go to waste (= to Mr.C again).

Free apps still need money to be created. Where did Craig get the money from? He will make more money with in-app ads. People have been making accounts and notifying members of the Nissan Leaf forum he is pitching the new app on. He doesn't want the bad publicity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

-groan- please dont turn this into another Craig bash (I have no love of the guy)...

besides anyone can make a "free app" for free.

-groan- please dont turn this into another Craig bash (I have no love of the guy)...
Sadly, this is going to happen no matter what^

An update was begged for, and now that one has come from Craig no less, there still more complaining. I always said, no matter what Link or Craig ever says, it will always be more questions than answers, so why bother. Now we still have people trying to complete this project, are you guys HIGH?

Let the ICP2 die, and get a possible refund(probably not), and then move on. Craig is a master spin doctor, and now he has members here thinking there is actually hope for this project. Please just let this die, PLEASE!

Chris

@Klumpen  I realize the odds are low, but I know if I get anything back it would be nothing compared to what I spent.  If there were a plan laid out to keep the project moving and actually be completed it would be better for me and many other people versus getting a very partial refund.  In hindsight I wouldn't have spent what I did, but with how well the icp1 roll out went I figured this would work out a lot smoother than the pandora.  Clearly I was wrong. 

Yeah, it's good he says something. That's more than I expected, probably more than anyone expected..

Probably not very satisfying though. Just a claim that prices went up suddenly without any explanation why.

If an additional $25,000 would really be enough to finish it then he should ask the backers to see if they're willing to pay on average about $12 extra per-unit. That sounds more desirable than getting a partial refund. But the problem is convincing people that their extra contribution will actually result in anything. Getting the money from anywhere else seems impossible, I doubt anyone wants to gift such a big amount.
$59,100.  That's how overfunded the KS campaign was.  If the whole campaign were legitimate, that'd mean they went into profit before the campaign was even over.  He doesn't need another $25,000. He already got twice that and more.

Back