iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I'm might consult O'Reilly Media over the next few days.  They actually have a seed company as well.  There is hope.
This sound sooo familiar... Craig ruins it and someone else steps in to save it. Don't regret it afterwards, if Craig starts to blame you for the (his) failure on the iCP2 production.

if Craig starts to blame you for the (his) failure on the iCP2 production.
In fact I'm a bit suprised he isn't doing that right now... I guess that at the moment he's just too busy pretending ICP2 never happened...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm might consult O'Reilly Media over the next few days.  They actually have a seed company as well.  There is hope.
If you can get out of this relatively unscathed, DO IT.My phone needs an iCP2, but not at your expense. EvilDragon tried to cover Craig's mess on the Pandora and if I'd known how it would turn out I wouldn't have been encouraging it back then.

It's a shame to let all the work thus far go to waste but it's a greater shame to throw good money after bad and still have nothing to show for it.

Unless you're really sure you can do this crazy thing, then I salute you your bravery, as I do EvilDragon.

Thanks for checking in Link, good to see your still alive and doing well.

Whatever your doing now, I know will be for the greater good of those who supported this project, so please do what you think is best. 

I personally pledged to the ICP2 not because I really wanted or needed one, but I wanted to show support for a community project(the same way I did for the P1 & ICP), and to hopefully show the world that a P2 project could be done in the same way, and work out through KS. Sadly, that has currently been side tracked, but with stand up guys like you and ED fighting the good fight, hopefully some good faith and Karma can be salvaged and put to good use further down the line.

I would personally rather have a refund although I'm sure it won't be in full, as I never intended to actually use the ICP2, so getting one now is of little interest to me, but if remaining resources are better used elsewhere to move forward, or to deliver a device to members who still want one, I'm good with that also. 

I guess we all have some regrets in regards to the current situation. If I could change anything, it would have been to put my pledge funds in to the Pandora instead(ED's side), as that device is "real", and there are still so many community members without. My pledge could have helped there so much better than it did here, but hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. 

Moving forward, just keep us informed through KS updates,as I know whatever is being done behind the scenes will take time, but the main thing at this point is communication. 

Chris

I'm might consult O'Reilly Media over the next few days. They actually have a seed company as well. There is hope.
If you do decide to continue see if you can rename the project the "Linkinator".

Hit Craig where it hurts, his ego. Since he ran with his tail between his legs it would only be fair to you and MWeston to strip him of any credit to the project.

I don't see how you could possibly get funds for this unless it was privately done. Any sane business would look at the situation and go why not just buy the IP?  Why would they take on all the liabilities when they don't have too.

I'm might consult O'Reilly Media over the next few days. They actually have a seed company as well. There is hope.
If you do decide to continue see if you can rename the project the "Linkinator".
Hit Craig where it hurts, his ego. Since he ran with his tail between his legs it would only be fair to you and MWeston to strip him of any credit to the project.
Probably ran with a small sack of cash as well.

The successful kickstarter tips  video is now gone along with a bunch of his gbax product reviews.  Craig seems to be slowly shutting down gbax too.

He has walked away and will be shutting all his ICP and Pandora businesses IMO.  

But his still around.

I gave up on this controller months ago, hoping against hope it'd just show up one day. 

Now I am pissed though.  Full refunds likely will not happen due to the amount Kickstarter takes off the top.  Add to that funds used to order parts and Craigs spending (3D Printers, a Car, etc), and this doesn't look good for those of us who backed it.

On top of that, the documentation never happened at all.  Other than a kick in the teeth video on how to raise money on Kickstarter.

This really has me soured on the whole "open" hardware idea.  I sold my original ICP and just got a Moga, and the only reason I still support Pandora is the fact that ED has been nothing but supportive of the community.  However, its been scam after scam from Craig.  Heck, I went and traded a PS Vita for my Pandora on this forum due to the fact I gave up getting one through Craig.  And it's a damn good handheld, I'll give it that, and I've gotten tons of enjoyment from it.  But when I think that Craig launched it, and his damn name is stamped on the sticker on the back, it just leaves a dirty taste in my mouth.

Sorry for ranting.

But when I think that Craig launched it, and his damn name is stamped on the sticker on the back, it just leaves a dirty taste in my mouth.

Sorry for ranting.
There is a solution for everything

Dscf1274_edi.jpg

mine is called: Permanent marker!

Lol, I made this a few months ago right before I sent it to the last repair

and would not have thought, that others did that too.

No big surprise though...

Just looked at the kickstarter page and noticed the image with the hinge in it, has that always been there?

Probably has but I never spotted it before.

Someone should make little pasties that one can cover up craigs name with. "Notaz", "aTc", "skeezix", "DaveC" and many others would be hot sellers.  Or maybe "warranty dubious if removed"

@ Link : In the interests of transparency, could you let us know who decided to cancel the iCP2 project & if it was not Craig could you let us know his reaction to the decision to cancel the project. If an answer to this is forthcoming then I'll also update this thread.

Please don't be afraid of transparency, it's sadly been in short supply with this project to date and any clear answers to simple & relevant questions are hugely appreciated.

@ Link : In the interests of transparency, could you let us know who decided to cancel the iCP2 project & if it was not Craig could you let us know his reaction to the decision to cancel the project. If an answer to this is forthcoming then I'll also update this thread.

Please don't be afraid of transparency, it's sadly been in short supply with this project to date and any clear answers to simple & relevant questions are hugely appreciated.
I think part of the current issue is being careful with words.. I'm 100% sure in time Link will explain what happened but probably slightly difficult at the moment.  Altough I would like Link to post some kind of update even if it doesn't say much.

Back