Icons ?

Gargoyle67

Still Fresh
:ph34r: Hi Just Flashed me GP32 ,

All went sweet , heart skipped a few beats :blink: , and evey thing is cool , but i'm tryin to set up a nice desktop on winups but can't seem to find any icons on it , might sound a silly question ,
But winups is on the muti firmware - do i need to install it on the smart card to get the icons ?
Or can you please point me 2 a web add that has some nice one's.

Thanks in advance. Ass kickin site btw.

it uses GIFs as icons IIRC...I suggest just making your own and having fun doing it. while you're at it, make a stupid background too! Mine is an old man with a plastic cup on his head and he's pointing at it going "hey, look at me!" and he's really excited! It's quite the conversation piece, I reckon!

I think I might make some more stupid backgrounds. One tip: screenshots make bad backgrounds. Wind-Ups uses the background color palette for the menus, so if it doesn't have the basic colors, it's gonna look uuuuuugly! Well, black anyway.

Back when I had my iPaq (running Linux), I had a background wallpaper of the tricorder screen from Star Trek (TNG).

It would be sideways on the gp32, but if anybody wants the image to play with, let me know.

:rolleyes: Thanks 4 the replies ,
But there must b some icons 4 download
like the ones in the winups screen shots , err guess i'm too lazy 2 make em..! :huh:

Gargoyle67 posted on Feb 28 2003 said:
:rolleyes: Thanks 4 the replies ,
But there must b some icons 4 download
like the ones in the winups screen shots , err guess i'm too lazy 2 make em..! :huh:
Ahhh, those one's in the screenshots are bundled with the shell when you download it. Here's the official website.

What actually IS the background palette, because I'm having trouble making desktops, icons and photos for Age2k? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try opening the background files with paint shop pro, it lets you edit the palette...I think Wind-Ups just searches for the nearest matches to the colors it wants, though. Maybe. It's odd!

Thanks! I'll try and get my hands on a version of Paint Shop Pro. I've only got Photoshop at the moment, and even though it's the best, it doesn't seem so GP32 compatible. If you make a graphic with the wrong palette it comes out either black or garbled! I'm still using trial and error to find the right pallete.

Back