I386 Games On The Pandora Via Emulation?

Cew27

there are a few old games i would love to play on the pandora. mainly those i played years ago on my anchient pc. such as counterstrike, command and conquer renegade and some of the very olf gta's. are there emulators out there that can emulate the i386 arch on arm? will it ever be possible?
thanks

Cew27 said:
there are a few old games i would love to play on the pandora. mainly those i played years ago on my anchient pc. such as counterstrike, command and conquer renegade and some of the very olf gta's. are there emulators out there that can emulate the i386 arch on arm? will it ever be possible?
thanks

Dosbox is being developed

( I dont know of any non dos 386 games :blink: )

Last edited by a moderator:
dosbox is being developed, but it will run (at a maximum) a similar speed to a 33mhz 486... you're not going to be able to play anything that new on it.

so it is possible to run pc based games on the pandora via dosbox but only really really old ones?

as much as i would love to see counter strike and more upto date pc games running on it i cant see it happening...someone may make a emulator that can but if they do i cant see it being playable

well at least you'll be able to play the gta games since they're on the playstation too

renegade
System requirements Pentium II 400 MHz, 96 MB RAM, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, DirectX 8.1, 16 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card, DirectX compatible sound card, 950 MB hard disk space, 4x CD-ROM drive.

counterstrike

Minimum: 500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 800 mhz processor, 128mb ram, 32mb+ video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Absolutely no way, unless the companies behind the games do direct ports.

DOSBox for some reason is more difficult to emulate than consoles, so while we will likely have an N64 emulator, we will also likely not have any playable DOS games beyond those which require a 386 PC.

There are still lots of classic PC Games which will run on a 386 platform, here a few ..
Dune II - Predecessor to Command and Conquer
Doom 1.9
Tanks
Pacman
Laser Chess
Links 386
Championship Manager
Simcity
Descent
Duke Nukem
Heretic
Hexen
Terminal Velocity

OK - Some will play good some will play not-so-good - but you get an idea of just a few of the classic MS-DOS games out there!

Hell why not go look at how office apps developed as well - supercalc, wordstar, DBase, etc - all plausable

The graphics may not be pretty - but some of these games still play as good today as they did yesterday

Just Google MS-DOS Games and then piss yourself silly with happiness

RajTakhar said:
There are still lots of classic PC Games which will run on a 386 platform, here a few ..
I'm looking forward to Commander Keen.

RajTakhar said:
Dune II - Predecessor to Command and Conquer
Doom 1.9
Tanks
Pacman
Laser Chess
Links 386
Championship Manager
Simcity
Descent
Duke Nukem
Heretic
Hexen
Terminal Velocity
The bolded are open source anyway, the rest I don't know.

You can still get shareware versions of the ones which are not open-source - in most cases the devs will send out reg-keys. Last year they made the original Command and Conquer for DOS open source as well.

I guess we could use this thread to make a list of games we would like to see, if they are open-source and compatibility with any dosbox type app

Anyone want to take this on board?,

The list as is:

Championship Manager - unknown
Command and Conquer v1 for Dos - Freeware
Commander Keen - unknown
Descent - Freeware Open-Source
Duke Nukem - Freeware Open-Source
Dune II - Unknown, shareware version available
Doom 1.9 - Freeware Open-Source
Heretic - Freeware Open-Source
Hexen - Freeware Open-Source
Tanks - Shareware
Laser Chess - Shareware
Links 386 - Shareware
Master of Magic - Unknown
Master of Orion - Unknown
Pacman - Shareware
Simcity - Freeware Open-Source
Terminal Velocity - Unknown

I guess some additional work could be to have links for the open source versions - but not sure if that is allowed on this forum

Back