I Want A Gp2x But...........

lemondash

Still Fresh
really want somebody to be honest and let me know how it runs. Mainly want if for the acrade emulator to play capcom games like street fight and darkstralkers..........

I can tell you that the one emu that I have tried for the Neo Geo MVS system made the whole thing worth buying. If you like games like Metal Slug, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Double Dragon, the GP2X is a dream come true. I owned an original Neo Geo MVS console, and I can honestly tell you that with the TV out feature, I can't see any difference at all between the original console and the GP2X. I haven't tried any of the other arcade emu's, but I'm sure that they work just as good. I'd say that if you like these kinds of games you can't go wrong buying a GP2X. H.G.

really want somebody to be honest and let me know how it runs. Mainly want if for the acrade emulator to play capcom games like street fight and darkstralkers..........

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0E61A69E659F2144

Yeah, it's hard to go wrong w/ the gp2x if you want arcade and neo-geo. Although I wish someone would post a new video of mame gp2x v3.x since it's significantly faster than the v2.x videos out there. ...and they're still damn good!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no CPS2 emulation though, so you're stuck with CPS1 for now.

If you're like me and love Final Fight then you might be a bit disappointed that the damn continue screen is broken in MAME.

Street Fighter 2 plays alright if you tweak the settings enough (overclock the GP2X, frame skipping, etc). Darkstalkers runs on CPS2 hardware though, and there is no emulator for the GP2X that does CPS2.

If you're into fighting games, you might be more interested in checking out this thread, where a guy is working on a customizable fighting engine. He hasn't released anything yet, but I think this project is likely to bear fruit long before a CPS2 emulator shows up. As other people have mentioned too, NeoGeo emulation is quite good in case you're into SNK's stuff.

--Zero

Last edited by a moderator:
Back