I Wanna Get Pandora-active!

Gren

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Hi everyone :)

Not been logged on here for a (long, long) while, but have been lurking recently looking for pandora info following my pre-order! (I'm a long time GP32 and GP2X user but not very active forum user - sorry!)

Thought I'd better sign back in and say hi! (after finally remembering my GP32X password!).
I'm UK based, and I've had a mail about the refund - but it hasn't actually hit yet. And I'm not worried about the refund or "delay" situation in the slightest. I have the utmost respect and confidence in the guys building this machine, and am happy to wait for it to be finished properly :D

But the main reason I'm posting is 'cos I'm actually hoping to do some dev on the pandora at some point. Unfortunately, my IT skills are more "day2day work" based, and revolve around IBM/MVS Assembler/VSAM and COBOL/DB2.
So my homework is to learn C/SDL/OpenGL :p
I've installed CodeBlocks on WinXP and Kubuntu8.1 and I'm hoping to further my studies in any spare time I get.....
Any guidance or assistance would be much appreciated :)

Cyas!

moshansky said:
I can second the lazy foo tutorials as well as recommending http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php for some good C++ video tutorials. Good luck

First of all, sorry to bump this thread, but maybe it will help ppl.

I must say the LazyFoo tutorials are VERY VERY helpful to newbs like me, good for everyone starting to program (for the pandora).

And also a tip for anyone trying the 3dbuzz video's, although it does not give a warning/message, you have to register to watch the vids. It took me a while to figure that out anyway but that might be my own lack of intelligence :p

Cheers!

Edit: The 3dbuzz vids are very instructive, i now know exactly how pointers work. But when do they actually become useful? because everything i've seen is also possible with arrays :unsure: But probably wrong topic/section/forum for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Back