GP2X I Think Its A Good Idea.....

Aq3of8

Still Fresh
well i was thinking, wow theres quake 1 on the gp32, then i thought Halflife (since its built on the quake1/2 engine) then i thought.... codename gordon, theat lil sidescrolling shooter that valve released. it would be great if a clever dev made some sort of game like that.... just a random idea if anyone needs one ;)

I would like to see Duke Nukem 3D. It is just a buffed up Doom engine so that should be possible.

Already tried working on a Codename Gorden style game, wanted to make it with Metal Slug graphics, all I could do was Mini Slug (controls were too bad on the gp32)

DaveC posted on Sep 5 2005 at 07:00 PM said:
I would like to see Duke Nukem 3D. It is just a buffed up Doom engine so that should be possible.

Duke Nukem and a stack of others were not built on a souped up doom engine, they were built on the build engine, and its open source. Have a look around. There are also sources available for shadow warrior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke 3D was recently ported to the Zodiac, so it would also make a great port for the GPX2. I hope someone does so!

If you want to play duke3d then do what i do and get the genesis rom then run it through DrMD, true the graphics arn't quite A* but its still playable

Back