GP32 I Suck And I Can't Code.

RoboJoe32

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I wanted to be able to make a few basic games with physics (think liero, or worms type o physics) but I have no idea where to start, what to do, or how to implement anything...

Anything out there that can help me?

start with the basics and work up..

learn c on the pc using dev cpp and gametutorials.com

There are some good books about "game programming"

Search Amazon for lots of them, also search the p2p for *.chm, *.pdf about game... there lots of tutorials.

One good place to start is SAMS "Tricks of the windows game programming gurus" by André LaMothe, its more focused in direct x but you can find a whole treasure. Also the PREMIER PRESS "Game development series" and for expert material in the CHARLES RIVER MEDIA "Game Programming Gems" series.

I have a new respect for anyone who's ever coded anything :eek:

To just make a dot move around a window takes alot of effort...

Hey guys , i am 17 and was wondering how old you programmers are,,, i have done a bit of html and delphi but that is high level and i am going to try low level over the summer, most probably C. Is there any tutorials/books you would recomend. Any help/links/resource names would be gratefully appreciated. This will allow me to join the brotherhod of free gp32 programmers.

Alex

P.s great work with all your outstanding work guys keep it up and keep me entertained.

meandu229 posted on May 24 2004 at 10:42 PM said:
Hey guys , i am 17 and was wondering how old you programmers are,,, i have done a bit of html and delphi but that is high level and i am going to try low level over the summer, most probably C. Is there any tutorials/books you would recomend. Any help/links/resource names would be gratefully appreciated. This will allow me to join the brotherhod of free gp32 programmers.

Alex

P.s great work with all your outstanding work guys keep it up and keep me entertained.
Some nice links:
C/C++:
www.cprogramming.com
General game programming:
www.gamedev.net
www.gamedeveloper.net
www.gamasutra.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back