I Said It Would Happen, But Did Anyone Belive Me?

right um maybe u should do some more reading before u start typing and look bad :angry:

I knew they could port games, but run an emulator?? The GBA isnt even powerful enough to do that.. or what i thought, in that case we should easily get all 16-bit emulators fullspeed on our gp32's. if not this does not make sense

There is no sound and yes we can get 16 bit systems at full speed on GP32 it just has to be optimized which takes time /lots of work

With out the new core for Opensnes we can already run snes games full speed without sound, so... whats your point?

NO is the answer, and im not very impressed either.. take a look here http://www.gameboy-advance.net/emulated/snes_roms_on_gba.htm and you'll see that the GBA can already emulate some snes games at full speed, considering the GP32 is much more powerful than the GBA this is terrible and utterly crap.. im dissapointed 

......ah huh... Have you seen videos of this? it has alot of issues with games, and has no sound, and speed is "smooth" (runs all animation frames) but slow as hell. (not choppy, just too slow to play comfortably) And it's almost ENTIRELY ASM (from what i've read) and coded from scratch too! :rolleyes:

If we had an emulator for GP32 coded from scratch (no ported componants) and nearly entirely ASM, we'd have full speed everything with sound. :D

I've been hanging around the GBA emu 'scene' for awhile now, since PocketNES came out, and can tell you this much:

GP32 blows away GBA. Period. The GBA's screen is too small to properly display TV-standard resolution, and the processor(s) aren't up to the task of emulating SNES games, for the most part, without major sacrifices in sound or gameplay.

This 'squashing' effect is, IMO, too distracting for me to enjoy any emulation on the GBA, including the nearly perfect PocketNES. The other few emus for the GBA are decent (The Sierra AGI emu is one stand-out), but again, are limited by the screen resolution.

*Hugs his GP32*

Didnt believe ye before, dont believe ye now, lol, this runs worse than we have already

boohoo

Almost everything is possible to emulate, it is just a matter of at what speed and how well. I wouldn't call it much of an emulator since 95% of the games are totally unplayable and the rest have major glitches and no sound what so ever.

SNES Advance (thats the new name from pocketsnes due there is a pocket pc port from snes9x with that name) has a bad compability yet, but those run are running very fast (example super mario world, imo faster than on gp32 with frameskip 0/without sound) but i think thats also because many other graphic things on the snes arent emulated yet, so you will have many graphical glitches...

aww what i am talking here lets wait for yoyo to implement ASM in his emu ;)

Back