GP32 Anyone Consider This...

mustardseed

Still Fresh
The source code to loopy's gba snes emulator is right here
It includes and incredibly fast snes cpu arm core, since it actually runs on near full speed on some games on gba. It should be possible to implement just that core with osnes9x since they are both arm, although im not very familiar with asm so i couldnt tell how much would have to be adapted.

just a thought though, while we wait for yoyo to finish the gp32 version after the zodiac

the reason why it runs so fast is because the snes hardware is very similar to the gba so they can just use gba hardware.

where gp32 does everything by raw prosessing power.

p.s theres been a thread bout this, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

the gba still has to actually emulate the snes cpu. loopy then went from that and adapted that the the gba hardware, i.e making the snes sprites render as gba sprites and so on.

i was not asking for a port of the emu, as i know the emu as a whole is highly adapted to the gba hardware, i was only speaking of the snes cpu core that is written in arm asm by loopy

What he's saying is the OS9xgp needs a cpu core written in ARM ASM to get the best speed and power out of it.

so he's saying that there is a core why dont we use that. Good idea but OS9xgp coders already have 1 i think they might be using this as a base i dont know but its handy for them to have a look and see what else the guy did he might have better improvements in some parts that arnt implamented in the arm asm cpu core for snes.

Good idea but as Phil stated this has been talked about (altho i'v never seen it) so i'm sure they already know about the emulator and the code but good idea :)

:ph34r:

Back