I pre-ordered a OpenPandora in 2010 and still haven't received anything

I do understand @ponlork Situation..
..and i do understand the Opposite Side.

Before many Years he is trapped in Craigs Unfortune.

Do anyone Renember the Car from Craig was burning and he had the Money for a good another one?
It was a Time shortly before this Craigs Desaster and he gaved up the Pandora Project and his many Customers.
@ponlork is one of them busted and angry Customers from Craig.

Craig was Bankrupt and he tried to earn Money again with a Device named I-ControlPad..which still had Pandora Parts inside.
Some of them I-ControlPads where sold and shipped but they did not help and he tried to announce I-ControlPad2 with Keyboard..
..which never saw the Reality because many People did not believe him anymore.

EvilDragon rescued the Pandora Handheld Parts from Craigs Bankrupt Company from England to Germany..even with a "Volcano Eruption" and other Delays.
All Delays and Problems whe had with Pandora Production ended with this "delivery in 2 Months" Running Gag from our Forum.

We all had many many Patience to wait..and EvilDragon saved the Entire OpenPandora Building to Germany.
But even EvilDragons Money was few and he asked for Donations and got them because everyone was believe on him.

@ponlork
It is realy sad to write this but you are one of the Persons who where Ripped from Craigs Company
and EvilDragons Company is another Company which has nothing realy to do with Craigs Company.
Please be not Angry to EvilDragon or the Pandora Community...because it was only Craig who ripped you.
We are not that Bad Persons you maybe think...you realy had many Unluck to be one of Craigs Customers.

What would i do when i am in this Situation?
Maybe the Same like @ponlork
-i would be Angry and Dissapointed like him
-but i would accept that my Money is gone by a Guy named Craig :$

Empathic is my greatest Weapon and i do understand both Sides.
...and sorry for my bad English Grammatic.

Last edited:
Yea i would not bad mouth that guy so hard.
Just because he was unable to pull it off it doesnt mean hes a bad guy.

this is the best entertainment

K0z2NKex.jpg

I do understand @ponlork Situation..
..and i do understand the Opposite Side.

Yes, it's really unfortunate what happened there, and it's not the fault of any user.

Craig was Bankrupt and he tried to earn Money again with a Device named I-ControlPad..which still had Pandora Parts inside.
Some of them I-ControlPads where sold and shipped but they did not help and he tried to announce I-ControlPad2 with Keyboard..
..which never saw the Reality because many People did not believe him anymore.

Ah, not 100% correct. He did still have money when he produced the iControlPad 1, and the iControlPad 2 was VERY successfully backed on Kickstarter.
The problem was that he used the same nubs the Pandora had in the iControlPad 2, even though they were out of production (and I even told him that!)
He never cared about that. I had the parts and the PCBs for a couple of thousand iControlPad 2 lying around for years. But I never heard anything again nor did I receive a case or similar.

That's how the iCP2 died.

That said, the company making the iControlPad was a different one, AFAIR, so I'm not sure he even wanted to use the profit from the iCP2 to fix the Pandora issues.

We all had many many Patience to wait..and EvilDragon saved the Entire OpenPandora Building to Germany.
But even EvilDragons Money was few and he asked for Donations and got them because everyone was believe on him.

Well, it wasn't donations - it were loans, and I still have to pay 300k of them back, so I'll have these debts still for quite a few years. :(

Ah, not 100% correct
Oh ok thank you for Clarify this and correct my wrong Memories.

Well, it wasn't donations - it were loans, and I still have to pay 300k of them back, so I'll have these debts still for quite a few years. :(
Still 300k depts?
Thats a big Number of Money.

Sad to hear that in Christmas Time.:(

I hope your Wife is still on your Side and you are not alone.
Do try to Enjoy the few real Christmas Days.

We are often thinking about you @EvilDragon
and wishes you only good Things.

I was Thinking about spending one of my Pandoras for @ponlork
but shipping to America or England is too much Effort for me.
And i do not have the Time for Things like this because
in Christmas Time i am totaly overun of Work every Year.

My Goal is "Surviving the Christmas Time"
..with that few Employments and many of Stress.
From Year to Year we are fewer People in my Work and all others must do the "more Work" and many new Tasks.

There is nearly no Time for me to enjoy Christmas every Year:(

I was Thinking about spending one of my Pandoras for @ponlork

Really? Ingo, you seem like a very (too) nice guy but that is rewarding idiot / bad behavior. It is similar to what spammers do reaching out to tons of people and hope someone takes the bait. You only need one. Please don't fall into the blame game trap and ED shouldn't either (but I am pretty convident he will not).

Damn, I guess ED's private Pandora reserve is not a thing huh :(

I wish I had a Pandora. Sure, the Pyra is the next big thing. And with it's OMAP5 board it is quite the powerhouse. But sometimes I long for simpler days. Days when 640 K ought to be enough for anybody. The Pandora was once the newest and greatest too. But now it is just a humble machine for humble people, with all the newest tech put in the Pyra instead.

But as a HUMan we need to be HUMble. Indeed, The words "human", "hummus', and "humble" all are linked and derived from some word meaning soil. We humans are just dust, after all, and it is wise to acknowledge that and thus be humble. That is what the Pandora helps us to do. The Pandora makes us humble. The Pyra does the opposite. "Pyra" sounds like "Pira" and when the "P" is removed it becomes an anagram of "air". We are not creatures of the air, we are not creatures of the Pyra. We are creatures of the Earth, of the humble Pandora.

Back