I need to make a voice changer...

Pi Zero with GPIO-connected small ADC, or even Covox+amp. I think that it may be possible to add ADC, Covox ladder and amplifier on a board of Pi zero size, put right on Pi Zero like Arduino shield. Or, but more expensive, I remember Intel made such modules. Curie? Something like this.
If all else fails, you can go with ARM. There are expensive or less expensive Cortex cores. However, it's difficult to program them, at least in assembly. Probably there is C compiler for them.

Basically everything everybody above me said is all I can think of personally, otherwise you could get it done professionally or give my friend a shout.

He's in the business of arduino and LED things, and what you want to accomplish here is what he specializes in. He can help out on a more professional level if you wanted to go that route. He's made a few fursuit projects and has at least one commercial project on the go.

(His site isn't well optimized) -> https://made2glow.com/contact

Some of his work can be seen in this video, though it has bad audio.
In video: MIDI controller paired Arduino for controlling stage/wall lighting, programmed LED wall, his fursuit.

He's also active on Telegram, if you have that app. I'm sure he'd be willing to give you some pointers if you've got ideas to bang out; he can certainly build a compact circuit within a suit.

Cheers!

(re-edited for length)

Last edited:
Basically everything everybody above me said is all I can think of personally, otherwise you could get it done professionally or give my friend a shout.

He's in the business of arduino and LED things, and what you want to accomplish here is what he specializes in. He can help out on a more professional level if you wanted to go that route. He's made a few fursuit projects and has at least one commercial project on the go.

(His site isn't well optimized) -> https://made2glow.com/contact

Some of his work can be seen in this video, though it has bad audio.
In video: MIDI controller paired Arduino for controlling stage/wall lighting, programmed LED wall, his fursuit.

He's also active on Telegram, if you have that app. I'm sure he'd be willing to give you some pointers if you've got ideas to bang out; he can certainly build a compact circuit within a suit.

Cheers!

(re-edited for length)

This is great. Will check it out this weekend...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input everyone...

I kind of got distracted researching animatronic tails and tentacles.
And I've got loads of production to get through for the next big festival in about a month... So I'm only going to get serious about this project after the pressure is off...

I'll probably be working on the tail and voice changer at the same time... Can't afford to order any parts until after the festival anyway.

If anyone digs up more interesting and effective voice changers than 'sox pitch -300' please drop links here, thx.

Back