Need To Set Up A Wifi Connection

nice thats exactly what i was looking for! also where do i see the price on that site? i will have the downstairs pc wired and the upstairs wireless with the 360 also upstairs. Thanks for that info. :)

my dads modem is usb. Will that work with the pc?

sam fisher posted on May 19 2005 at 04:26 PM said:
my dads modem is usb. Will that work with the pc?

What do you need the modem for when you have one built into the Router?

sam fisher posted on May 19 2005 at 04:50 PM said:
is this the one?

Yes that's the right one!

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 19 2005 at 07:27 AM said:
Netgear do a wireless version of their router I posted earlier, it also has 4 UTP ports on it too! I really do recomend this one, I set one of these up for a customer of mine last week and it really is a nice router! Good security, WIFI, UTP, DHCP server, NAT and port forwarding are some of its many features. And no I don't work for Netgears advertising department :lol:

!

hey thanks fluffy, i just bought one of these and two recievers for £100 from amazon.co.uk on your reccomendation :)

Nova posted on May 19 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
Netgear do a wireless version of their router I posted earlier, it also has 4 UTP ports on it too! I really do recomend this one, I set one of these up for a customer of mine last week and it really is a nice router! Good security, WIFI,  UTP, DHCP server, NAT and port forwarding are some of its many features. And no I don't work for Netgears advertising department  :lol:

!

hey thanks fluffy, i just bought one of these and two recievers for £100 from amazon.co.uk on your reccomendation :)

You're very welcome, if you have any problems setting it up, give me a bell :)

Clare.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 19 2005 at 07:28 PM said:
You're very welcome, if you have any problems setting it up, give me a bell :)

Clare.

Thats very kind. thanks.

Nova posted on May 19 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
Netgear do a wireless version of their router I posted earlier, it also has 4 UTP ports on it too! I really do recomend this one, I set one of these up for a customer of mine last week and it really is a nice router! Good security, WIFI,  UTP, DHCP server, NAT and port forwarding are some of its many features. And no I don't work for Netgears advertising department  :lol:

!

linky please :D

sam fisher posted on May 19 2005 at 08:42 PM said:

ok amazon offer

Claim a Free Netgear WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter as sold for £30.56 when you purchase this Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Firewall Router. Excludes sellers other than Amazon.co.uk. Conditions apply. See details.

EDIT: I have the same modem as you. :D

Back