I messed up my chances with a girl

Yes, who are you to complain... That "face-to-face" line is some condescending bullshit dude. The internet is just one more means to an end. Doesn't make people automatically afraid of women in person.

If you read that as condescending, I apologise. But it's likely because you've crawled so far up my ass lately that all you can see coming out of me is shit. Can you give it a rest, perhaps? I'm not out to get you.

If you read that as condescending, I apologise. But it's likely because you've crawled so far up my ass lately that all you can see coming out of me is shit. Can you give it a rest, perhaps? I'm not out to get you.

Uh huh. You know, just because I don't like things you say and don't like things you do as a moderator doesn't mean I think there's a "conspiracy" or you're "out to get me" or whatever other nonsense you've been spouting. Sometimes people don't like you for you.

I met my life partner on the phone. I was in a call with a good friend of mine from high school when my friend said "OMG, I have to go to the bathroom... here, talk to [girl in the picture]."

So I did. And we kept on talking. For hours. Then did it again in a few days, then at some point we started talking every night, and haven't stopped since. I credit the phone-friends stage with the extremely good communications channels we have. I don't think I ever could have opened up this much to someone I had met in person, just because that's how awkward I am.

Of course now, we crave RL-"togetherness" harder than a chain smoker with no lighter, but it wouldn't be like this if the phone hadn't opened a security hole in my social firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met my life partner on the phone. I was in a call with a good friend of mine from high school when my friend said "OMG, I have to go to the bathroom... here, talk to [girl in the picture]."

So I did. And we kept on talking. For hours. Then did it again in a few days, then at some point we started talking every night, and haven't stopped since. I credit the phone-friends stage with the extremely good communications channels we have. I don't think I ever could have opened up this much to someone I had met in person, just because that's how awkward I am.

Of course now, we crave RL-"togetherness" harder than a chain smoker with no lighter, but it wouldn't be like this if the phone hadn't opened a security hole in my social firewall.

That story is very similar to how I met this one girl. She ended up being very bad news.

Met my Mrs. back when I was a coder for a local IT firm under contract to the council. I was also teaching CLAIT (DBase III/Clipper, Lotus 123, WordPerfect) on 286s and she was one of my students :)

18 years later, we're still going strong.

D.

Back