I Just Labeled My Smcs...

you rule...i was thinking of making a doom logo but i am too dumb and too impatient to even try it. props to you.

generalnmx posted on Aug 30 2004 at 04:19 AM said:
Very cool, I'd label mine like this if I had more SMCs. Right now, I need to fit multiple emulators, ROMs, and other stuff onto more then one SMC.

Same here. I like to have a limited amount of space so I'm not tempted to overload my SMC with roms and other games that I just won't bother playing.

Anyway, great job on the labels Evil Dragon...they look very professional!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the "good-looking" posts :)

I have to admit that I work as a compositing artist for commercial TV and film productions... so it wasn't too hard for me to get them good-looking ;)
It's my daily work :)

To be honest I think you should ask Craigx to sell them. You could knock up a sheet with the most popular smc content combis based on a poll and craig could sell them for a quid or two for one or two sheets. You could split the profits.

Damn they are nice :D

Want to start making them and selling them, If I had enough SMC's I would buy a set off you :p hehe?? :D

BaDToaD posted on Aug 30 2004 at 07:42 PM said:
To be honest I think you should ask Craigx to sell them. You could knock up a sheet with the most popular smc content combis based on a poll and craig could sell them for a quid or two for one or two sheets. You could split the profits.

Very good idea. You could even put some PDroms and an emu on an SMC and offer a "custom purpose SMC" service - i.e. it costs the same as the normal SMCs, bar a couple of pennies for the lable (since you can't sell free stuff), but has a sticker and the dirs set up for a given emu with any PDRoms that have been released for that system already there. Could be good.

Or not; I dunno...

Certainly selling sheets of stickers is a good idea though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look Awsome,
Did you need a program so you wouldn't have to do all the measuring out?

Apeiron posted on Aug 31 2004 at 12:19 AM said:
Those look Awsome,
Did you need a program so you wouldn't have to do all the measuring out?

Ah well, I just cut a piece of paper to the label size, wrapped it around the SMC, marked everything, used a ruler to measure it out and set some markers in Corel PhotoPaint.
Pretty easy :)

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to sell these... as I already said, some GP's seem to be tighter than others (I could insert the SMCs into one of my GPs pretty easy, the second one was too tight so I had to open it up a bit...).
Although I realized that some of my SMCs are thicker than others (not all the same vendor). So I guess if you take the thinnest ones, it should work fine in every GP :)

But hey, this is SOOOO easy to do! Took me 2 hours for all the SMCs altogether... so YOU can do it, too. :)

I can assist creating the labels, though :) Maybe you CAN buy them sometimes somewhere... don't know yet if I have the time to manage this...

Last edited:
I'd definatly buy a few of these if they went up for sale. I don't have that much free time to make some. ;)

I also think that you should give some to cragix to sell or maybe come with new GP32's for an extra $2 or so. It would make the cards really have a professional touch.

I just bought 4 128mb cards for £17.95 (about 13$ I think, not that it matters to me) total of £69.
I think thats a good deal but I don't care come this time tommorrow I'll no longer have 1 6mb and another 16mb card
Wooo-Hooo go Retro Gaming!!!
I just looked for labels of that size but coundn't find any probs be better to go down a shop to get them though.
I'll check the slot first for slack and then scan some images from retro gamer or something.
How does it feel to be a muse to so many in one day

Lethe posted on Aug 31 2004 at 04:36 AM said:
I just bought 4 128mb cards for £17.95 (about 13$ I think, not that it matters to me)

£17.95 is like $30 ^_^

In Germany you can get them for 22 Euro :)
That's why I have that many ;)

Last edited:
Back