I Cheated On The Caanoo

rotation

Still Fresh
So, I gave in to the hype and bought the Yinlips YDPG18... it had a lot of potential, HUGE screen, HDMI out capabilities, 2 cameras, blah blah...

after a LOT of work setting up all the emulators and roms I actually attempted to play some games. FAIL! the D pad blows, almost every emulator is SO buggy it makes games practically unplayable.. I could go on and on. The Yinlips is 1 step forward, 3 steps back... but it dif made me realize how awesome the Caanoo really is. I'm back to playing on that, I will NEVER cheat on her again.

Lesson learned!

I hope everybody, who was complaining about the emulators for the Caanoo, is reading this Thread.
If you had a PSP/Dingoo emulating all so well, why did you sell it? If you think, all the new Android Gaming devices(like the Yinlips or JXD'S) are doing better, why don't you buy one?
The Caanoo, with all it's weaknesses, is still a good buy for the money and if you're not content with one or two of the emulators, then code yourself in your free time and don't complain the Caanoo could do better. I bought my Caanoo in October 2010 and I was content from the first day. Every upcoming emulator(or homebrew game) after that day, was just a bonus, I didn't expect, for me.

I would probably buy a Yinlip only for n64, PS1 and CPS3 emulation. But other than that, the Caanoo is simply the king of 2D consoles.

Got a caanoo a couple months before the wave of cheap huge screen china consoles started.
I almost, aaaaalmost, felt bad, but didn´t actually get quarter half that way.

See, the reason I got a caanoo was that I thought it would be a nice machine to code my games and it is an open handheld with a community going on with it.
I´m a fan of 320x240 resolution. So there was no reason for me to be sad at all. I take it that if I can run my things on it, then all other platforms will be easier.

The point is that I would later buy an android phone too, as I want my games multiplatform, the feeling was that I could get to that easier with one of those(the 2 ducks flying one in hand kind of thing).

But I am soo happy with caanoo´s performance and quality I can´t actually bother for more.
It has been my great companion ever since.

I´m interested on the homebrew stuff, so all the emus are a bonus for me.

Yeah, the Caanoo is great. If it only had a dpad I'd probably never touch my Wiz. But if I'm in the mood for some fighters, I still reach for that.
I'm planning on buying an S601 but not for the emulators. The Caanoo/Wiz combination does all that fine for me.

Orion4874 said:
Yeah, the Caanoo is great. If it only had a dpad I'd probably never touch my Wiz. But if I'm in the mood for some fighters, I still reach for that.
I'm planning on buying an S601 but not for the emulators. The Caanoo/Wiz combination does all that fine for me.

I love fighters, kof98 is the best ever for me.
I can´t properly play it on caanoo or my pc with a pad.
The only way to play it for me is either keyboard or a neo geo kind of joystick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Trust me- the N64 Emulator on the Yinlips leaves a LOT to be desired. Most games are totally unplayable with any settings. the PS1 games run...ok. Not much better than the Caanoo. If your in the market for an upgraded handheld emulator console and you want to play N64 or PS1 games, wait it out. Save yourself the money and the headache!!! In 6 months or so we're gonna have some amazing new machines coming out. Sooner or later we'll get a Caanoo-type reliable machine with HDMI output and a freaking REAL D-pad, you watch!!

P.S. i'll be on tour soon, check out my band on www.facebook.com/rotationmusic :D

rotation said:
Hey guys! Trust me- the N64 Emulator on the Yinlips leaves a LOT to be desired. Most games are totally unplayable with any settings. the PS1 games run...ok. Not much better than the Caanoo. If your in the market for an upgraded handheld emulator console and you want to play N64 or PS1 games, wait it out. Save yourself the money and the headache!!! In 6 months or so we're gonna have some amazing new machines coming out. Sooner or later we'll get a Caanoo-type reliable machine with HDMI output and a freaking REAL D-pad, you watch!!

Hmm I have found totally the opposite. I deleted the factory installed N64 emulator and put on the newest one and it runs everything pretty darn good. No frameskip and sound and most run full speed or close to it.

Maybe you did something wrong?

I thought about getting this instead of the caanoo, but judging from most of the post in this thread...I'm glad I made the right decision in getting a caanoo, even though I want to play n64 games so badly on that handheld :(

I just have to disagree with this topic. In fact, new android consoles are quite good where the caanoo has bad points.

You seem to forget :

- the SNES emulation is not so good on the Caanoo, somes games are not really playable, but they are on the G18 : Mario RPG, Starfox ...
- the GBA emulation is a weak point on the Caanoo too. Most of the GBA games I tried on the android consoles are full speed (Golden Sun, Doom...)
- we have access to the net with some really good browsers. What's the use of Wifi on the Caanoo ? (Mame, Quake and that's all folks.)
- the Amiga emulation is also better on the G18. Try SOTB and you'll see...
- Mame games are better on the android. At last I can play Outrun fullspeed, Double Dragon too. No need to turn off the sound :/
- DosBox is way better on android.
- you quote PSX, but some games run fullspeed and bugless on android, not on the Caanoo : try Silent Hill for example.

My point is that the Caanoo is a REALLY good console, but it's not THE ultimate console. You'll find good emuls on the Dingoo, good emuls on the Caanoo and good emuls on the android. The best would be to have all of them in ONE console, but it's impossible.

Even the Pandora is not perfect on everything (I have it too).

I cheated on the Caanoo, but I didn't leave it in my drawer. I use it for some games I won't find on the android.

BAFelton said:
I just have to disagree with this topic. In fact, new android consoles are quite good where the caanoo has bad points.

You seem to forget :

- the SNES emulation is not so good on the Caanoo, somes games are not really playable, but they are on the G18 : Mario RPG, Starfox ...
- the GBA emulation is a weak point on the Caanoo too. Most of the GBA games I tried on the android consoles are full speed (Golden Sun, Doom...)
- we have access to the net with some really good browsers. What's the use of Wifi on the Caanoo ? (Mame, Quake and that's all folks.)
- the Amiga emulation is also better on the G18. Try SOTB and you'll see...
- Mame games are better on the android. At last I can play Outrun fullspeed, Double Dragon too. No need to turn off the sound :/
- DosBox is way better on android.
- you quote PSX, but some games run fullspeed and bugless on android, not on the Caanoo : try Silent Hill for example.

My point is that the Caanoo is a REALLY good console, but it's not THE ultimate console. You'll find good emuls on the Dingoo, good emuls on the Caanoo and good emuls on the android. The best would be to have all of them in ONE console, but it's impossible.

Even the Pandora is not perfect on everything (I have it too).

I cheated on the Caanoo, but I didn't leave it in my drawer. I use it for some games I won't find on the android.
But whats better the G18 or the JXD?

BAFelton said:

Hey BAFelton or anyone else in a position to comment on my question, please can you confirm if Outrun, Double Dragon, and Shinobi in Mame run fullspeed (or near enough) with sound and smooth without frameskip on the JXDS601? I'm desperate to buy a Caanoo or JXDS601 but want the best Mame performance and my choice totally relies on which one runs mame the best. I know the caanoo's not perfect when it comes to Mame but is the JXDS601 better (in it's current state of Mame emulation)?

Back