I Can...

Jourdy288

I didn't realize originally, but I realized I can create sprites, I tried to create an animated fish for a game once. Quite unfortunately, the generator I was using wouldn't work, I created well over 150 high-quality sprites, the fish would have looked nicer than the ones in the game.
Anybody need sprites, contact me.
I'm interested in creating sprites and artwork for a 3D game, since I do very well with creating things like that.
Also, I'm very good with music, here's my version of The Entertainer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d87C1g0sbkY

Jourdy288 said:
I didn't realize originally, but I realized I can create sprites, I tried to create an animated fish for a game once. Quite unfortunately, the generator I was using wouldn't work, I created well over 150 high-quality sprites, the fish would have looked nicer than the ones in the game.
Anybody need sprites, contact me.
I'm interested in creating sprites and artwork for a 3D game, since I do very well with creating things like that.
Fair enough, sounds good to me. We could need more people like you. Some kind of demo would really help establishing your reputation here, however.
Jourdy288 said:
Also, I'm very good with music, here's my version of The Entertainer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d87C1g0sbkY
The song/rag really sounds like it's got a very varying rhythm (nothing too serious; just noticeable around the "heavy-fingered" parts). The reason for this can be one of 3 things:
  1. I'm too tired to listen correctly and hear random gaps in the melody everywhere
  2. The song is supposed to have that weird rhythm
  3. The pianist played the song incorrectly
The song as such seems OK though, but not very different from the original song. Also, I cannot see how it could be used by any projects here. Nice demo, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, thank you, quite unfortunately I can't access the fish, the computer went down. For some reason, every time I try booting, it tells me to insert system disk and hit enter. I hit enter a few times, and it starts to boot regularly. Then, it hangs for a few seconds, reboots, and starts the whole process over again. Do you think I can use something like Mini-Linux to access my files?

Anyhow, thank you again, I can always make more.

Here's another one of my songs, Flames on the Ocean, I made it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbfZn-nQ9g
Here's my version of Sea Chanty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEiHINNZPSs

I'm still looking for somebody to do the gfx for my game.

Get in contact if you're interested!

Pleng:

Looks good. Hope you find a good graphician (gfx artist) who isn't busy.

I've done a few pixeling in the past but it is a little too time consuming with constant interruptions all day long to not be able to do such productively in any real timely manner. Plus the screen can be hard on the eyes to pixel each and every dot.

Good luck!

RickAstoria said:
Pleng:

Looks good. Hope you find a good graphician (gfx artist) who isn't busy.

Thanks. I posted here and also on a Dizzy fan site, but have had no responses so far :( I'll try the Indiana Jones fan forums some time soon but unfortunately time has become limited once again so I haven't had a chance to work on it in the last few weeks.

I'd love to work with you! Right now I'm working on sprites for Berzerk, but for the wiz. Need sprites, just ask (although it could take a little while)

A little C64 game that I did some pixeling for. Mostly for comical fun that the game was for. It's free.

I did all the bitmap except on little part on the top in the game levels (IIRC) and almost all the sprite work. I think only the "Moloch" head that I didn't do and I didn't do the char fonts - just that that is in the bitmaps.

Pretty much, I did the gfx throughout the game.

Before I forget to through in the URL:

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=19291

Now, this for C64 and I used the tools natively within the C64 environment. Don't like guessing in these circumstances. There are many tools on PC but I suppose for sprites that you need GIFs / Bitmaps. Not too sure on how you do hw sprites kinda deal but, Pleng, I believe you are targeting platform portability so it be one of these bitmap formats and IIRC GIFs are the common bitmap format these days for sprites given the value zero for pixel color would be transparent. If there is another format, I could re-tool for such.

Full-screen bitmap work is relatively time-consuming but hell, it depends on what you are looking for specifically and time frame.

If I know the size of bitmap that you are looking for, I can make in a mockup bitmap in no time to get your code worked out and I keep getting the actual bitmaps (I'm speaking in a more universal usage and not just Windows BMP) to what is desired and looking good.

Artistry takes time to make it look good.

Back