I can almost, with 90% certainty saythat the p2 should use an amd apu!

Where're you planning to put two SOCs and all the extra gubbins necessary for them to share peripherals?

I say go AMD. I had an Atom N450 netbook and it was the worst $400 I had ever spent. If the P2 has the word atom anywhere on it, I'm out. So, back to the Power vs battery life debate....

How about we have a dual-processor system? AMD for the POWAH and ARM for Android and the "old" OP1 OS.
no.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I say go AMD. I had an Atom N450 netbook and it was the worst $400 I had ever spent. If the P2 has the word atom anywhere on it, I'm out. So, back to the Power vs battery life debate....

How about we have a dual-processor system? AMD for the POWAH and ARM for Android and the "old" OP1 OS.
I see you're into having a Lunchbox sized handheld.

The A4-1200 sounds rather interesting according to this article

With a TDP 3.9W for the CPU & GPU combined, which IIRC is a comparable TDP figure to that of ARM A15

The paragraph that caught my eye was : 

The GPU and gaming performance of the Temash parts will pull significantly ahead of the Clover Trails, with AMD claiming a Left 4 Dead 2 frame rate of 6.7fps for the dual-core, quad-thread 1.5 GHz Atom Z2760, compared to 15.6fps for the A4-1200, 16.4fps for the A4-1250, and 22.8fps for the A6-1450 at a screen resolution not actually specified, but presumed to be 1366×768. Benchmarks on a leaked A6-1450 suggest a performance in the SunSpider browser benchmark that's approximately twice that of the Clover Trail.
Far from neutral I'm sure, but the bit that caught my eye was the minimal frame rate drop between the A4-1250 & the A4-1200 when the A4-1250 has a TDP of 9W.

From a personal perspective battery life is a huge factor for any possible P2 but the software advantages of X86 would mean that I'd be willing to sacrifice some battery life for the chance to run Steam etc.

Interesting times.

The A4-1200 sounds rather interesting according to this article

With a TDP 3.9W for the CPU & GPU combined, which IIRC is a comparable TDP figure to that of ARM A15

The paragraph that caught my eye was : 

The GPU and gaming performance of the Temash parts will pull significantly ahead of the Clover Trails, with AMD claiming a Left 4 Dead 2 frame rate of 6.7fps for the dual-core, quad-thread 1.5 GHz Atom Z2760, compared to 15.6fps for the A4-1200, 16.4fps for the A4-1250, and 22.8fps for the A6-1450 at a screen resolution not actually specified, but presumed to be 1366×768. Benchmarks on a leaked A6-1450 suggest a performance in the SunSpider browser benchmark that's approximately twice that of the Clover Trail.
Far from neutral I'm sure, but the bit that caught my eye was the minimal frame rate drop between the A4-1250 & the A4-1200 when the A4-1250 has a TDP of 9W.

From a personal perspective battery life is a huge factor for any possible P2 but the software advantages of X86 would mean that I'd be willing to sacrifice some battery life for the chance to run Steam etc.

Interesting times.
the a4-1200 and a4-1250 are bit bit different, from 225MHz gpu clock to 300MHz and ddr3 1066 to 1333MHz, it also seems to be a kabini sku so maybe it isnt as thermally limited as the a4-1200. Anand did note that it may not actually use more power...

Shield is also 5.7cm thick. That's about twice as thick as Pandora. And some people think Pandora is too thick as it is. You simply can't put a Shield in a normal pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back