I Brick My Gp2x Wiz

Nasp

Still Fresh
Hello

When i update my Wiz it the last firmware, the batery "+ or - half load" finished or failed and the update failed too.

Now my Wiz have onle a black screen, and the blue power light.

It is possible too UNbrick my Wiz ?

Join the club :( I don't think it's possible to unbrick w/o a BoB, and I don't even know if the BoBs can work with the retail Wizes.

But even with the BoB I can't get the software procedure working with the current devices. I think it needs a new flashing module.

Join the club :( I don't think it's possible to unbrick w/o a BoB, and I don't even know if the BoBs can work with the retail Wizes.

But even with the BoB I can't get the software procedure working with the current devices. I think it needs a new flashing module.
Damm, i have my Wiz only one month and now is bricked........

Last edited by a moderator:

Damm, i have my Wiz only one month and now is bricked........
Yet another reason why I haven't even thought about updating yet.

Add me to the club... had the wiz for a few weeks, standard upgrade to 1.1.0 and on reboot.. black screen and blue power light... nothing is reviving it!

Is there anything I can do?

Should be covered under warrenty, it's an official update etc.

Also this is a reason I haven't updated. The whole update process seems a bit hit and miss.

RX Shorty said:
Yup should be no problem to get it exchanged.
Did you connect the USB charger while doing the upgrade?

Yes I did have the USB charger hooked up, I followed the Instructions from the Head Office website "exactly" and got a brick.

RX Shorty said:
I would advice: contact your supplier and ask for a replacement unit.

I sent an email (and will follow up with a voice call on monday). I am in Canada and bought my unit from gamersection.ca to avoid customs charges and also due to their VERY REASONABLE shipping costs.

I'll let everyone know what their response is once I get it. Thus far my dealing with them has been very good. Customer service
may prove different though?

Lame. Seems like there's more incentive to get an unbrick process going. You'd also need a serial interface cable, which can be built for like $20 according to the thread for that. Maybe someone will start building some for others to buy, because I know a lot of people won't be able or willing to solder them.

RX Shorty said:
There is always hope ;)
Keep us informed.

Update #1... gamersection.ca mentioned that firmware flash is normally not covered under warranty but they said they would still give me an RMA and reflash it for me at no charge!

I'll let you all know how it all turns out, but thus far they seem to be reasonable.

That's worrying. Don't know about canadian / U.S law but here in the U.K I am sure you could argue that a failed firmware flash is a manufacturing fault.
It's possible to build in safety checks to an update to cover power outages etc. (check battery level and require power cable connected.)

Are the firmware updates for the Sony PSP covered?

Could just be I am one of the "awkward squad" when it comes to customer rights. Once got a free 5 inch upgrade (32 to 37) on my LCD Samsung TV because the panel inside it wasn't exactly as advertised.
(Phone call to trading standards and quoting the 1976 sale of goods act to currys head office)

AMADEUS said:
That's worrying. Don't know about canadian / U.S law but here in the U.K I am sure you could argue that a failed firmware flash is a manufacturing fault.
It's possible to build in safety checks to an update to cover power outages etc. (check battery level and require power cable connected.)

Are the firmware updates for the Sony PSP covered?

Could just be I am one of the "awkward squad" when it comes to customer rights. Once got a free 5 inch upgrade (32 to 37) on my LCD Samsung TV because the panel inside it wasn't exactly as advertised.
(Phone call to trading standards and quoting the 1976 sale of goods act to currys head office)

Update #2: gamersection.ca sent out a new replacement at NO CHARGE. It did take a while but heh, it was worth it. I won't be flashing the firmware again as obviously the process can prove fatal! Good job gamersection.ca, I will deal with these guys again.

Back