I Bought An Atari 2600

xbox85 posted on Sep 16 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
Model number is AT861071669. tryin to get pics soon

Are you sure that isn't the serial code?

None of the apex tvs seem to have a model number as long as that...

DSC03450.JPG

remote look anything like that?

if so, press the TV Scan button.

EDIT

http://support.apexdigitalinc.com/images%5...es%20Manual.pdf

GO THERE! ^

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the atari serial not the tv one i edited the post with the write one. I hit the scan its switching threw channels. And it stopped back on 3. I looked at the manual nothing about tuning a specific channel.

This is why I'm not a console collector.

Emulators for the victory!

(Try out Stella for the GP2X, it rocks!!)

TelcoLou posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:33 PM said:
This is why I'm not a console collector.

Emulators for the victory!

(Try out Stella for the GP2X, it rocks!!)
Ording my gp2x tomorrow. This is actually for a project im trying to make sure it works before i hack it up.

Nova posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
Tried it. it goes threw the channels and stops back at 3 where the atari is set too.

Then it's the rf adaptor...

I'm going to bed...

I may have found the problem. Although the outside is in decent shape and none of the connections have rust. I opened it up looked at the bottom of the board. It looks like something might have spilled in it. There seems to be a tint over the traces or some kinda residue. The traces look like there lifting wich cant be good.

Thanks for all the help guys. Im gonna assume its busted.

xbox85 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
Tune my tv how. the atari is set too channel 3 and so is the tv. the rf doesnt have a switch.
Woah, woah, woah...hang on a sec. :) The RF switch doesn't have a switch at all? It doens't have a slider switch for TV and GAME? If you're using one of the newer RF adapters(like for a Nintendo or Sega Genesis) those are powered by the console but the Atari 2600 doesn't put out enough to switch the box automatically like a NES or Genny. Even one you plug into the wall is only probably boosting the partial signal it is seeing but the Atari may not be activating it right. You need one of these for the Atari to work properly(click the pic for the eBay auction I found):

xbox85 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
I may have found the problem. Although the outside is in decent shape and none of the connections have rust. I opened it up looked at the bottom of the board. It looks like something might have spilled in it. There seems to be a tint over the traces or some kinda residue. The traces look like there lifting wich cant be good.

It takes a LOT to kill one of those tanks and the fact you're getting an image on the screen(albiet fuzzy) means it probably IS working - it just can't power the automatic RF switch. Try this before you throw that gem away. :)

Classic Gamer posted on Sep 16 2006 at 11:35 AM said:
xbox85 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
Tune my tv how. the atari is set too channel 3 and so is the tv. the rf doesnt have a switch.
Woah, woah, woah...hang on a sec. :) The RF switch doesn't have a switch at all? It doens't have a slider switch for TV and GAME? If you're using one of the newer RF adapters(like for a Nintendo or Sega Genesis) those are powered by the console but the Atari 2600 doesn't put out enough to switch the box automatically like a NES or Genny. Even one you plug into the wall is only probably boosting the partial signal it is seeing but the Atari may not be activating it right. You need one of these for the Atari to work properly(click the pic for the eBay auction I found):

xbox85 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:02 PM said:

It takes a LOT to kill one of those tanks and the fact you're getting an image on the screen(albiet fuzzy) means it probably IS working - it just can't power the automatic RF switch. Try this before you throw that gem away. :)

OK your bringing hope back to me. One of my previous post i did mention i tried one of those but the way i was trying it was with a tv tuner on a comp.(dont ask y its a long story) any way i got the same result my guess then is i didnt know what i was doing with that type of rf or the tv tuner was screwing with the stations. That switch was pulled off of an atari 400(kinda looked like typwriter)

Back