emulator idea for devs

zohnnyg

has anyone seen or played the ps2 game called Activision Anthology that has atari 2600 games on it? wouldnt it be great if there were some emulators that looked and worked just like that?

for instance an atari 2600 emulator with such an interface. you could look at box art, the game cartridge, instruction manuals, look at memorabilia, concept art, read facts and history of games, watch atari 2600 game commercials (get em from here http://gameads.gamepressure.com/) id say have an 80s music soundtrack built in but i dont think uk and aussie people listened to the same music as we did here in usa back then.

the user interface could be a scene right from a 1982 livingroom with a small antenna tv. the game selection could be a full list of atari 2600 games. mame has similar features like cabinet art and photos, history dat, and flyers and stuff. its just an idea i had. it would be great for devs to do this for many emulators. nes, atari consoles, sega consoles, tg-16. would it be hard for devs to make something like this? just wishing and wondering. i hope this isnt a bad idea.

a decent user interface on emulators. Especially portable emus lack the added flair to really finish them off. But really he they do their job... Why fix something that isn't broke :) i would be all over an emulator that not only played the games but looked the part too it would add that professional polish or cherry on top that they deserve :)

That's certainly possible, but on a device the size of the Pandora, I think you'll want as much of the screen as you can get for actually playing the game.

lulzfish there would be options for full screen for any of the features be it media or gameplaying. and zoom features for media such as instruction manuals.

something like a gameboy resolution could have a cool surrounding like the image below...

I think every thing that is ported should just be a recompile, not a 'port' like changing the interface and such.

For instance, I love SNES9x, the interfaces are great, and the built in cheats rule. Whenever anyone ports it to another console they always take things and pick a interface for a full size computer. The Pandora is close enough to a full computer and a big enough screen to keep all of SNES9x intact.

Stella with a decent interface would be great also. That way you could have box art and even instruction manuals with the game.

Back