I Bought A Neogeo Mvs!

___

Advanced Member
I finally did it! I bought myself a neogeo mvs 1 slot motherboard. I will have to consolize it but from looking at the many "how-tos" out there it doesn't look too hard.

Anyone on the boards who has an mvs or has done a conversion to home-console?

Oh god, I am so super happy.

I will provide pics when it arrives. I am going for a clear plastic case with blue led lighting.

Just get yourself a JAMMA cab and plop it in there; as arcades are dead and dieing, getting a JAMMA cabinet is often dirt cheap or free. Wiring up somethign yourself is not hard either really, just getting a JAMMA wiring harness, a stick, power supply, and so on :)

But yeah, getting a "SuperGun" or similar is not too hard (but expensive), or building your own is not too hard at all either (and very cheap.)

Its a good time in history.. MVS carts are pretty damned cheap and plentyful these days, but you will soon find yourself in what I usually call 'arcade collector hell' .. spending way too much time on ebay and shipping/receiving boxes, bezels, joyart, sideart, etc :)

Oh no, it won't stop with MVS-carts, soon you'll be nabbing JAMMA pcb's.. and not singles, but buying by lots of dozens or hundreds, then reselling them on ebay to pay for themselves, then buying whole cabs.. and you will then proceed to pre-JAMMA pcbs, and spend all your nights soldering adapters and wiring harnesses and button harnesses for your cabs..

At least nowadays things are way cheap :)

You do have a 20'x20' room for your collection, and a permissive missus? :)

jeff

skeezix said:
Just get yourself a JAMMA cab and plop it in there; as arcades are dead and dieing, getting a JAMMA cabinet is often dirt cheap or free. Wiring up somethign yourself is not hard either really, just getting a JAMMA wiring harness, a stick, power supply, and so on :)

But yeah, getting a "SuperGun" or similar is not too hard (but expensive), or building your own is not too hard at all either (and very cheap.)

Its a good time in history.. MVS carts are pretty damned cheap and plentyful these days, but you will soon find yourself in what I usually call 'arcade collector hell' .. spending way too much time on ebay and shipping/receiving boxes, bezels, joyart, sideart, etc :)

Oh no, it won't stop with MVS-carts, soon you'll be nabbing JAMMA pcb's.. and not singles, but buying by lots of dozens or hundreds, then reselling them on ebay to pay for themselves, then buying whole cabs.. and you will then proceed to pre-JAMMA pcbs, and spend all your nights soldering adapters and wiring harnesses and button harnesses for your cabs..

At least nowadays things are way cheap :)

You do have a 20'x20' room for your collection, and a permissive missus? :)

jeff

LOL... I have already been looking at other pcbs all day today^^. Thought about getting a tetris jamma board and also a pgm system. ARGH! I am in home console collector hell already, I might as well start with the arcades now. I don't have space for a cabinet so I will most likely make my own supergun and use the mvs on my tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jourdy288 said:
No pics yet?
Yeah I completely forgot to take some. I am not sure if it will be what you expect though, it's just the blank pcb with cartridge slot. When I am back home on the weekend, I will post pictures. I also got KoF 99 from a seller at the last Bochum retro convention. So I actually have something to play when I finally get to convert the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back