Humble Android Bundle 4 Compatibility

thatgui

Advanced Member
I had not much time testing them, but so far it seems very promising (all testing done with a Rebirth Pandora @ 600 MHz):

• Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP [NO]
    Seems to work fine, but haven't played it much so I don't know wether at some point later in the game multitouch is needed or not. Small downside is that it leaves the screen rotated in portrait mode after leaving.
    Seems to need portrait mode for combat
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe [YES]
    Seems to work fine, altough its slow at the current clockspeed
  • Eufloria [YES]
    seems to work fine, altough multitouch is required to zoom - could be problematic later in the game (?)
  • Machinarium [YES]
    tested the ">1024x600" Version, works smooth, small downside is that the inventory is a little fiddly due to the low resolution of the Pandoras screen.
  • Splice [YES]
    works slow @ 600 Mhz
  • Waking mars [YES]
    hangs on the "tiger" screen for me, but works for Loonie

Edit: Updated the list, [yes] appended if game is fully playable, [no] if not

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear that Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP works well, had a quick play with this on the Nexus 7. There is a pinch zoom option available but from what I can tell this is none essential, not sure how the combat will work on Pandora as to access combat on the Nexus 7 the device has to be tilted to portrait mode. Anyone trying this game on Pandora should really use headphones as the audio is amazingly good for this game.

I was trying to post this today, but the stupid firewall here at work won't let me create new subjects, just reply to current ones.

Strangely, Waking Mars installs and plays fine for me (it uses the touchscreen), and Splice is the one that just returns the ever helpful "Application did not install" response after looking like it was installing.

Edit: thatgui, your suspicion of Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP was correct. I played it to the first point of combat and it does indeed require you to rotate the device. Which of course you cannot do. So basically that's as far as one can get, sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely, Waking Mars installs and plays fine for me (it uses the touchscreen), and Splice is the one that just returns the ever helpful "Application did not install" response after looking like it was installing.
Waking mars did not install for me because gingerbread was out of memory space (but gave me the very meaningful "Application did not install"). After deleting some games, installation went fine. Strangely Android gave me a "not enough space" error after I started directly from the installation menu. I had to delete something else to make it "get stuck on the first screen". I clocked the Pandora to 950 MHz but Waking Mars just hangs on the "tiger screen" forever - well at least 20 min, did not try longer. If I move the nub however, a cursor appears and after four or five seconds the game crashes back to the launcher.

Back