Hu6280 V1.07 Released

this version seems to randomly just not start up and crashes as soon as I launch it. not sure whats going on. all the roms are in the correct path and it seems to work fine when it actually starts up but a lot of times i just get a black screen after trying to start up the emulator.

never had any problems like this with previous versions.

Vobbo, will .bin support come anytime soon, as I have the cd's ripped to .bin format to keep the tracks (i can easily rip the tracks as well) but I want the music, and what about games like DraculaX where there are 2 data tracks?

PSyMastR posted on Jul 6 2006 at 06:15 PM said:
Vobbo, will .bin support come anytime soon, as I have the cd's ripped to .bin format to keep the tracks (i can easily rip the tracks as well) but I want the music, and what about games like DraculaX where there are 2 data tracks?

Yes I'm hoping for bin/cue support as well. I know iso/mp3 saves space but isn't there a way to get sound with the cd audio tracks other than wav/mp3? Straight bin/cue, nrg, ccd, iso for all data and audio would be nice, but if not feasable that's ok as well. It would just be nice is all. Thanks again for the hard work Vobbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 posted on Jul 7 2006 at 02:26 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Jul 6 2006 at 06:15 PM said:

Yes I'm hoping for bin/cue support as well. I know iso/mp3 saves space but isn't there a way to get sound with the cd audio tracks other than wav/mp3? Straight bin/cue, nrg, ccd, iso for all data and audio would be nice, but if not feasable that's ok as well. It would just be nice is all. Thanks again for the hard work Vobbo.

I`m currently working on toc/iso/wav support, bin/cue is certainly possible though, yea

jbrodack posted on Jul 6 2006 at 10:44 PM said:
this version seems to randomly just not start up and crashes as soon as I launch it. not sure whats going on. all the roms are in the correct path and it seems to work fine when it actually starts up but a lot of times i just get a black screen after trying to start up the emulator.

never had any problems like this with previous versions.

try turning the squidgehack off in the hu6280 ini file, it sometimes crashes with it enabled...

Hmm will iso/mp3 be supported too? That way we can save space on our SD...

thanks vobbo i turned the squidehack off and everything works great again as usual. have you figured out how to better implement it because when it did work i didn't really get any improvement and most times it just crashed. pepone seems to have a really good handle on how to implement squidgehack and of course squidge himself.

can't wait for next version. great emulator that does both the gp2x and original system justice.

I think Vobbo implemented before a few discoveries on how it must be implemented were found. Also now its possible to not get graphical corruption. Something to do with flushing the cache.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 19 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
10 days.....any news?

Your post made me think there was ... :angry:

I'm sure he's taking a well deserved break...its better then his computer wiping the sourcecode of his emulator...bwahaha. I know this isn't funny, I was around during those times :(

Horray Vobbo! much like the redstripe comercials (I hope you have those in the uk)

Edit: if you are that concerned..he was on the boards yesterday

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 20 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
maybe that something else is an uber fast RAINE port woot!*

*probably not

Too bad this wasn't just finished. It was so close and held much promise. Forget supergrafx and CD, really all it needed was stereo sound, the buzzing fixed in some sounds, and the missing sounds added and it would have been near perfect PC-Engine. Oh well maybe some day.

Back