How's Picodrive Looking

Vince2501

I doubt that it isn't compatible with the Pandora, but I'd like to see some footage of a working emulator if that' possible.

One other thing, to make the topic a little more interesting:

What games would you guys recommend?

I prefer action/platforming games, and I never got into RPG's. Currently I have these:

After Burner 2, Alien Soldier (Treasure), Gunstar Heroes (Treasure), YuYu Hakusho (Treasure), Dynamite Headdy (Aw, you know), Alien Storm, Boogerman, Castlevania Bloodlines, Comix Zone, Contra Hard Corps, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Ghostbusters, Golden Axe 1 & 2, The Haunting, Kid Chameleon, Ghouls and Ghosts, Streets of Rage 3, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (for a laugh), NBA Jam, The Ooze, Out Of This World, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, General Chaos, Prince of Persia, Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3, Ristar, Robocop VS The Terminator, Rocket Knight Adventures, Snow Brothers, Sol-Deace, Sonic series, Sub-terrania, Super off Road, Splatterhouse 2 & 3, Thunder Force 4, Vectorman 1 & 2, Zombies Ate and My Neighbors.

Squidge said:
Yes, it's already running (and quite well). Videos will, of course, depend on the developer.
Good enough for me, I'll happily take your word for it! The best demo will be when I have it in my hands! :D Man, Pandora is great just because you can ask questions about the development...can you imagine posting to Apple or Sony to ask how the new iPods and PSP are coming along?! ...and I like Apple and the PS3. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince2501 said:
Sonic series
I hope you've got Sonic CD in there. It's an excellent game.

Strider is also superb, and you might also find Mega Man: The Wily Wars to be worth a look, if you happen to like that series.

quadomatic said:
EmuGuy said:
Agree! PicoDrive is the best app on my GP2X, can't wait to see it on Panny, 120fps! ;)
At 100mhz! Billion hours of picodrive! Yaaaaay

I hope so to! :)
Onto the GP2X, Picodrive runs most MD Games (Sonic etc) Full Speed at 200MHz! Even with 44.1kHz Sound and all Quality Settings. So I'm sure the Pandora can handle this Emulator at 200MHz to (or even lower). (I'm sure the Pro-MHz-Power of the Pandora is not worse than the Pro-MHz Power onto the GP2X)

Squidge said:
Yes, it's already running (and quite well). Videos will, of course, depend on the developer.
So Notaz already has a dev kit? Also, do you know if he has any plans to add 32X support? o_ô I've been wanting to play Knuckles Chaotix on the go for a while now. ;)

-God Ginrai

I have sooo been waiting to hear about this!

Could the developer please confirm what else Picodrive will be able to run i.e Mega CD, 32X?? It would be much appreciate!

Final Fight CD on-the-go!!! Oh Yes!!!

notaz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HhIt8A-d34

Man, I'd like to try playing Sonic at that framerate. ^_^

As always, Thanks for the Vid.

Anyways, notaz, Do you plan to add 32X support?

-God Ginrai

Back