How to submit your Entry

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
First, apologies for the delay in the upload submission instructions. After the FOSDEM I catched a flu and had a tax inquiry submission started yesterday... that needed a lot of preparation.

Finally, here are the instructions on how to submit your entry :)
Don't worry if uploading your stuff takes a little longer, the most important thing is that the upload has started and your submission eMail has arrived.

Where to upload your entry

You can upload your entry anywhere you like:
On your own FTP, on the repository, etc.

Please make sure that the upload consists of one file, so zip it up if you've got multiple files :)

You can also upload it to this specially created FTP server:

Server: openpandora.org
Login: compo
Password: upload

You can only upload there, you can't delete or download.

Send the submission eMail

Regardless where you uploaded it, you need to send an eMail to actually submit your entry.

Please use the following eMail template for that:

Title:
Category (Application, Emulator, Original Game, Ported Game):
Author:
eMail address:
System:
Download Link:
Sourcecode Link (if you want to release it):
Description (will be made public):

Please also attach a screenshot of your entry, if possible.

Send that eMail to:
compo@openpandora.org
Subject: Competition Submission

You will get a short confirmation that the eMail has been successfully received.

Thanks - and Good Luck!

What is system ?

What if no sourcecode exists ? I have a build system that is mostly included inside the release.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is system ?

What if no sourcecode exists ? I have a build system that is mostly included inside the release.
System: Dingoo, Caanoo, Pandora, etc.

Remember, this is no Pandora competition, it allows other handheld entries as well :)

If the sourcecode is included in the entry (via a build system or differently), simply state that in the sourcecode link.

Wait, I shall put all my releases for every system in one big zip-file?

No, please create one ZIP per release, so that users can download the individually.

But you can use one eMail for the submission.

If i have uploaded binaries to repo i can upload sources on competition FTP?

AquaVenture (for Pandora) sent. :)

Caanoo version to follow.

[EDIT] Receipt email message received :)

[EDIT 2] Download - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/AquaVenture.pnd

AquaVenture.PNG

Uploaded easytag on repo, all seems fine except the filename ended like easytag-2.1.7.zip.part

Hope it works renaming the file.

RISC OS mail send also ;-)

But was it a mistake to send a link to the download page and not to a file? I have various Image to boot from one SDcard, two SDcards or USB Stick. If necessary, how do I change it?

I discovered what happened with my uploads (RTFM)

I had "Mark partially uploaded files" in KDE's System Settings...

All up2date files are uploaded and submission for Puzzletube is send. :)

Ok, dumb question, the "Author" and "eMail adress" in the template, they are supposed to be filled with the Author/Email of the orginal author (in the case of porting), or the porter/submiter ?

No, please create one ZIP per release, so that users can download the individually.

But you can use one eMail for the submission.
I just read that, after submitting my entry. Should I re-submit it with links to the individual files? I have packaged everything in one single ZIP file (containing one file for each system plus source).

No, please create one ZIP per release, so that users can download the individually.But you can use one eMail for the submission.
I just read that, after submitting my entry. Should I re-submit it with links to the individual files? I have packaged everything in one single ZIP file (containing one file for each system plus source).
Yeah, just resubmit with the latest links, would be easiest :)

Back