GP2X How To Not Reinvent The Wheel

lapoubelle

Still Fresh
While looking around the forum here, I noticed that people have written various hacks, libraries, and other useful bits of code to make our lives easier, such as methods of utilizing the 940 among other things.

I was wondering if theres a list somewhere, that could maybe make its way to the wiki, of useful code snippits, frameworks, and libraries that people here have made. That way, someone who is thinking of writing an application would be able to compare them before hand and figure out if the app could use any of them.

The mmu hack stands out as an obvious example in my mind, but what are some others?

CromoZome(see sig) is using my own C++/SDL framework code. It also contains several classes to help with Sprites, Animated Sprites, sound loading, etc. I don't mind and in fact hope it will be useful if other people would like to use it. (CromoZome demonstrates usage of most of the features.)

Yeah, I checked the wiki and didn't see any unified list page (the kind that are all over wikipedia). I'm not familiar with many of the more recent developments but it'd be cool if we could make a page titled "frameworks" or "user created stuff" or something that would be intuitive to search for, and list stuff that developers might be interested in integrating.

What would a good name for such a page be?

Back