How To Get Opera (qtopia) To Work!?

triton

for the life of me i cannot figure this out, ive followed all the directions to the letter, i have succesfully telnetted the gp2x, i have tested the web host too but every time ive tried to browse with opera i get nothin! frankly its pissing me off, i get "cannot connect to remote host" with every url i try, ive messed with settings, fully drained several sets of 2200 and 2500 mah batteries f-ing around with this! ANY HELP AT ALL IS MUCH APPRICIATED

Have you tried pinging from your gp2x to, for example google.com?
So telnet into your gp2x, then ping from there to google.

I think your gp2x isn't connected to the internet, only to your pc.
How to do this is in the gp2x wiki page.

i got it to connect to telnet finally using the usbnetwork gadget thread guide and the IP 10.1.0.235, now i will try to get it to work witht he browser again

EDIT: tried to ping google from the 2x in telnet i got hostname lookup failure

triton posted on Sep 9 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
i got it to connect to telnet finally using the usbnetwork gadget thread guide and the IP 10.1.0.235, now i will try to get it to work witht he browser again

EDIT: tried to ping google from the 2x in telnet i got hostname lookup failure
So you have followed this guide:
http://www.wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb ?

have you tried telnetting into your gp2x, then run: "route add default gw <ip of pc here> usb0" and then ping google.com.

---
Ah wth, not everything is in that guide, just do it like this:

First follow the guide, ip of pc 10.1.0.1, ip of gp2x 10.1.0.2, subnet 255.0.0.0, leave gateway empty, leave dns empty.
Enable telnet server.

THEN, enable internet connection sharing:
go to network connections, right click your existing lan or wifi connection, go to "advanced" tab, and enable internet connnection sharing.

Then telnet into your gp2x, type "route add default gw 10.1.0.1 usb0"
And you should be able to ping google.com :).

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried the add gateway thing, ill give it another shot like you say later today but i got a "could not connect to network" error or something like that
EDIT: WORKING FINALLY thanks yo!

triton posted on Sep 10 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
i tried the add gateway thing, ill give it another shot like you say later today but i got a "could not connect to network" error or something like that
ok, if you just follow the 2nd part of the post it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
had it workin good now i get a sigsegv error >.> what causes it?
EDIT: fixed, had to remove it and reinstall it on my sd card

Back