How to format the description in the PMXL.xml?

amyren

I would like to have the description for the PND formatted to make the text that shows up in the repo to be more readable.
Is there a way to add linefeeds into the decription?

I have noticed that most releases on the repo does have either the text in one big section, or as a very short description and put the rest of the text to additional info.
But a few releases does have the description separated with spaces between sections. like Netsurf. I did open that particular netsurf.pnd to have a look at the PXML file, but in the file the description was just a big bulk of text, with no visible linefeeds or separators. How does this work?

This is just a guess, because I never looked at that, but I suppose that it is used the Markdown language ?!

Have a look at this page and compare it to the content of the netsurf PXML to see if this could be the case.

The desription in netsurf's PXML is separated with a couple of LF characters (0x0a0a). That might not show up as line feeds in some dumb windows editor like notepad, but if you're using anything professional I'd expect it to spot those. In UNIX files, 0x0a is the standard line feed character, while in windows it's something like CRLF or 0x0d0a.

Thanks. I was using Notepad++, but had not enabled the symbols view. I see the LF symols now :)

Back