How To Convert Usa Roms To Smc

GBA_lover

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i have opensnes and is only playes roms in smc form and i wanted to know if i could get a converter so i could convert usa roms into smc

the beav

hmm, dunno really, you may no have enough prvilages to change file formats, in whcih i duno if it is possible to even limit the privilages on that.
Andyway when you change it from

IE:
mariodoom.usa
to
mariodoom.smc

you hit enter and it should ask you weither to chaneg the filetype, click yes

if not then i duno, i personally never ever heard of a .usa game for SNES, all the roms i get weither USA version *FF3* or japanese but translated *ff6 with j-e patch* i get SMC, all SNES i have encountered has been SMC

If you double click a rom, does it automatically run, or open in any way whatsoever, other than the "open with" dialogue?
If so, you may find you've got the default windows option "hide file extension for known types" turned on. If you're in 98 or 2K, go to folder options (maybe on the tools menu in any folder, maybe on the view one) and uncheck it. On XP its probably the same thing, but I haven't used it much, so don't know for certain.

I've been using snes roms since '97, and I can honestly say that I've yet to come across any rom - US or otherwise - with an extension other than either SMC or FIG.

ehhhh the answer is simple i think
i assume your windows knows smc files (maybe some program uses that extension) so the extension isn't shown anymore, and you can't jsut change it; just go to the properties of your explorer, and in advanced properties i think say that file extensions have to be shown, even for known fileformats, then you can change the extension :)

Back