How Play Emulators In Fullscreen

Nasser

Still Fresh
Hi, I have gotten my wiz today I tried playing snes sega genesis there not in full screen my screen is not fixed straight its very lower on left side and higher on right side the picture dosent feel in the centre or straight. So my question is how can I play on those emulators in full screen fit to all sides that would be better cause its anoyying me and what I paid for it and was expecting lol . I did try googling forum search button looked here and there didn't find any info .

I think they generally respect aspect ratios. If they didn't the emulated games would look 'stretched' which is an effect most people prefer not to have. At least that's what I think you tried to ask.

I found how to change redner option : scaled didnt know ...

what you say is true I dont like upscaling but when the company dosent fix the screen in middle in straight line the left edge is ok the right edge of the screen is too high it dosent look good in middle when you emulate.
Once I scaled it didnt bother me though hehe XD

You obviously misunderstand the concept of an open-source handheld. Nobody got paid to write emulators, the open community makes them, sometimes in competitions, sometimes just because they can/want/out of good will. You can't demand something for community written software from the creators of the device - they only make the hardware, basic software and the SDK.
When making a forum post, please try to be more literate, use punctuation and make clear sentences - it's hard to understand what "its very lower on left side and higher on right side the picture dosent feel in the centre" means: maybe you're experiencing hardware problems, or trying a game that is not correctly emulated in the version of the emulator you're trying. What game did you try?

Nasser said:
I found how to change redner option : scaled didnt know ...

what you say is true I dont like upscaling but when the company dosent fix the screen in middle in straight line the left edge is ok the right edge of the screen is too high it dosent look good in middle when you emulate.
Once I scaled it didnt bother me though hehe XD

Sounds like you've got a dodgy screen there mate. I'd get the Wiz replaced while you still can....

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you post a picture of your Wiz actually playing a game? Your screen might be messed up beyond repair, or you may have some small setting off.

Besides, there is something to say about aspect ratios and scaling.
For example, take a look at this image from the strangely-sized Game Boy Color:

93352728.png

And scaled up 2x, just to see it better:

93603449.png

If you keep the aspect ratio, and just scale it up to reach the top and bottom of the screen, you get this:

57951940.png

And if you really want to make it fit the whole screen, you get this:

80776262.png

Even by applying some more complicated scaling, it still doesn't look quite as good and crisp as the original:

67190979.png

The point is, it's practically impossible to scale up any kind of small image while still remaining faithful to how the original looks. Therefore, it's sometimes preferred to just keep the image a little too small for the screen rather than scale it up and make the whole thing look like junk.

Back